This topic is locked

Dashboard Search

11/15/2023 6:33:32 PM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
jadach authorDevClub member

I am using ASPR v 10.91 latest build.

I am putting a simple dashboard page together. It has a list page and a line chart.

Both have a date field.

I want to seach between dates and have both list and chart reflect the filter. This was easy to do with previous versions, but I cannot see a way to do it in 10.91.

It seems I have to add 2 search fields (one from each element) on the dashboard serach page and enter the dates twice in order to get the desired result.

Am I missing something? Is it still possible to combine like data fields from multiple dashbaord elements into one single search field?

Thanks

K
KeithS 11/17/2023

Sounds like I have a very similar want as you do.
Just posted my question tonight.
https://asprunner.com/forums/topic/30212-CHART-Trx-COunts--Amounts-from-Contents-of-LIST-PAGE

jadach authorDevClub member 11/17/2023

Here is what I did to overcome.

Since both my grid and chart in my case have date fields and typically people will want to see a month at a time, I added a field to each view called YearMonth by adding this: CONVERT(varchar(7), Date, 126) AS YearMonth.

I created a master relationship from grid to chart. On the search, a user can enter a year date such as 2023-07 (using the grid YearMonth filed and all records that match the grid and the chart display as expected.

The only limitation is they cannot do a custom date range. Only by year and month. However, I could add other fields for quarter, week, etc.