This topic is locked

Project manager (updated 01/31/2023)

2/1/2023 1:10:36 PM
PHPRunner Tips and Tricks
fhumanes author

img alt

In the set of examples that I have published on my portal, this one for project management is one of the most successful, having been downloaded more than 1,000 times.

I have to admit that for me, too, it is one of the best and the one I am most satisfied with.

In this version I wanted to add, even in a very slight way, the management of subprojects or project dependencies. In the company where I have worked for the last 30 years, it is common for a project to incorporate requests for activities from Systems Technology, to add servers, database managers, and even user training in the implementation of a new system to the Training department.

These activities were offered by departments of the organization, but as the person in charge of the project, I am interested in seeing these detailed activities, even if the direct responsibility for them falls on another person. Therefore, all these activities were planned in subprojects that were connected to the main project and the progress of all the activities of the new system that was being developed and put into production could be reviewed. This way of organizing is the one used in practically all project execution methodologies.

So this version (01/31/2023) incorporates:

• The new version of the BootstrapDataPicker plugin.- Calendar with holidays
  • The hierarchy of the Projects and their visualization in the Gantt together with the tasks of the "main" project.
  • The use of PHPRunner 10.7 and the possibility of running the solution in PHP 8.1

The new version of the Gantt looks like:

img alt

You can get more details of the example and the sources of it, in this article .