This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Tabs in "list_view"

12/7/2022 3:48:00 PM
PHPRunner Tips and Tricks
Karlo_from_Germany author

The ships of my sailing club are underway for many weeks during the season. Of course, a handwritten logbook is kept on board. I am currently trying to develop an application with which the skipper can additionally digitally record the data of the logbook with a smartphone.
The other members of the sailing club want to follow the logbook in "real time" via the internal area of the website.

Since the application has to be used with a smartphone, there are special requirements, such as "inline edit" and "only 1 record per page", also to get as many values as possible from catalog files. I have already been able to realize this, the application has been tested and found OK. For the smartphone app I work exclusively with the "list view". reduced to one record per page and the "inline edit" functions.

Now I would like to include 2 or three tabs in the "list view" (like the tabs in edit_view) as well, to improve the clarity and to split the data fields.

img alt

Does anyone have an idea how to implement this?

Thanks in advance

Karlo from Germany

A
Andreas Georgiou 12/7/2022

It has been my experience to scroll down to update something rather than going from tab to tab to see that record. It make it easily and manageable.
if you are concern on data not been filled you can always turn it to a require field and the record will not be saved until they entered something in that field.

I hope it helps.

Andrew

admin 12/7/2022

We do not have an option to show tabs inside an individual record on the List page. This option is only available on View/Add/Edit pages.

I also agree with Andreas that scrolling on mobile devices is more common and users are more used to it.

As a workaround though, since you always have a single record per page, you can get away with using a View page along with Next/Prev buttons. I don't know if this is going to work in your situation, just an idea.