This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Display "Please wait" on saving record

2/15/2021 10:31:10 AM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
S
sevy1971 authorDevClub member

Hi

I'm trying to display a "Please wait.." Information (like the please wait on list pages) after the user clicked on the save button. Generally saving is under a second, and the user is satisfied and there will be no need to display anything!
But like always, I now have the problem that the record includes 10 pictures. This images are added on the fly by a smartphone (Iphone or Android) and if the user hits on the "save" button, if will take, depending the cell connexion speed, between 10 and 30 seconds and even more!.
The user thinks "S... it doesn't work.......
Is there a way to display a notification "Please wait..." until the "upload" is done?
Thanks for any help

Yves

FrankR_ENTA 2/15/2021

Hi

I'm trying to display a "Please wait.." Information (like the please wait on list pages) after the user clicked on the save button. Generally saving is under a second, and the user is satisfied and there will be no need to display anything!
But like always, I now have the problem that the record includes 10 pictures. This images are added on the fly by a smartphone (Iphone or Android) and if the user hits on the "save" button, if will take, depending the cell connexion speed, between 10 and 30 seconds and even more!.
The user thinks "S... it doesn't work.......
Is there a way to display a notification "Please wait..." until the "upload" is done?
Thanks for any help

Yves

If you add a custom button to a page and then go examine the default code generated for the button, you will indeed see an example for how to implement a "Please wait...".

S
sevy1971 authorDevClub member 2/15/2021

Thanks!!! That was to easy!
Yves