This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Brainstorming: map api for floor layout app?

12/23/2020 8:28:39 AM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
FrankR_ENTA author

I was wondering if anyone wanted to help me brainstorm on possible approaches to this that would be feasible inside of ASPRunner.NET:
We run a call center. Let's say half the employees are doing their calls remote from home, and half are doing them physically in our corporate call center location.
The operations manager asked me if I could build a web app where we show a map of the floor plan of the call center. Agents who were going to physically come into the call center for the day would select an open cubicle and book it to reserve it.
I have some previous mapping app experience, but it has been a long time. I just recently used some of the mapping support inside of ASPRunner.NET to display maps of our office locations. It was super simple since we had address data and lat/lon data in our tables.
Any suggestions for possible approaches to this, inside of ASPRunner.NET?

admin 12/23/2020

I'm not really sure how maps API will help here. I think you just need to number your cubicles and use a template like ResourceCalendar to let people reserve cubicles.
https://xlinesoft.com/resourcecalendar

FrankR_ENTA author 12/24/2020

I'm not really sure how maps API will help here. I think you just need to number your cubicles and use a template like ResourceCalendar to let people reserve cubicles.
https://xlinesoft.com/resourcecalendar

That approach should work. I spoke to the requester, and he said we really didn't need to show a physical layout.
So, we will have, say, 100 resources, but for any given day, I need to be able to change that number. It will be variable. One week, we will make 50 resources available, another week, 60, etc.
If this handles that, we will be purchasing two of the templates - the Resource template and the Document Management template. Something came up, and I can put that Document Management template to use in a project.