This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Report doesn't reflect query

11/19/2020 10:06:40 AM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
D
DWill author

I have a report where the data does not match the query. In the query editor, the data is displaying correctly. I even added an Order By clause to ensure the data was listed correctly. However, the report doesn't display the data in the same order as the query. For example, I have an "Account" column that I want to display the data in ASC order based on the Account, but it is not displaying like that in the report. In the query editor, the results displays with Account#: 500000 first as it should. In the report, the results display with Account#: 559110 first but those records should not be displayed before Account#: 500000. Not to mention, I thought it should reflect the query results. Any insight or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

admin 11/19/2020

I just wanted to say that this kind of issue is not possible to troubleshoot without having access to the database and project files.

D
DWill author 11/19/2020

I just wanted to say that this kind of issue is not possible to troubleshoot without having access to the database and project files.

Okay, thank you for the response. Due to PII, I am unable to provide that. So, I will continue to troubleshoot issue as best I can.

admin 11/19/2020

You can always create a test project with some sample data and upload it.

M
MikeM 12/4/2020

I have a report where the data does not match the query. In the query editor, the data is displaying correctly. I even added an Order By clause to ensure the data was listed correctly. However, the report doesn't display the data in the same order as the query. For example, I have an "Account" column that I want to display the data in ASC order based on the Account, but it is not displaying like that in the report. In the query editor, the results displays with Account#: 500000 first as it should. In the report, the results display with Account#: 559110 first but those records should not be displayed before Account#: 500000. Not to mention, I thought it should reflect the query results. Any insight or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Did you try taking the Order By clause out of the SQL query and using the Sort Fields page of the wizard to do the ordering instaed? I seem to recall seeing that somewhere.

D
DWill author 12/10/2020

Did you try taking the Order By clause out of the SQL query and using the Sort Fields page of the wizard to do the ordering instaed? I seem to recall seeing that somewhere.

My apologies for the delay in responding. However, the issue ended up being data related. A little background. I'm converting an app from MS Access to SQL Server and where MS Access is somewhat forgiving and/or allows ambiguity, SQL Server does not. So, the users have to fix their data, but in the meantime I have modified my script(s) to deal with their bad data. Thanks...