This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Calendar Template added to Project

2/21/2014 2:10:25 PM
PHPRunner General questions
A
Anapolis author

[size="3"]I just purchased the Template package to get the Calendar Template.

The Calendar forum is closed so I must post my question here.
The Calendar is advertised to integrate into any existing PHPRunner project. I looked at the online Admin demo which shows the Calendar as a stand-alone application.
After installation I added the Calendar to my existing project.
My idea was to use Start and End dates for confirmed appointments for an already existing form. In that form the Date pickers are used to choose a start date and an end date for an appointment.
One row in a table holds all the data necessary to send an email with the appointment day and starting time and ending time.
I want to use the Calendar template to give a Calendar visual of the same appointment in its respective date.
The Calendar template has added 5 tables and 4 custom views of varying fields.
But with no instructions or tutorials or explanation of the LOGIC behind the Calendar template I don't know where to start to integrate it into existing data tables that use the date formats.
Can someone give me a clue of how to start sorting out how to map fields from existing project fields into the Calendar template?
I can't find a starting point even for the Calendar itself, the foundational steps that start the ball rolling.

I see that each table has a quite a lot of Events going on to make it work. But no documentation on those events themselves and how they might be modified to now finally integrate into other PHPRunner projects.
I don't find anything about it in the Help docs or Tutorials.[/size]

admin 2/21/2014

Calendar forum is not closed.
The short answer is that you cannot map Calendar template to existing database. Like any other template Calendar template has a number of events that expect certain table and field names. If you need to use another table or field name you need to go through all events making changes to field names. This basically means re-implementing the Calendar template.

A
Anapolis author 2/22/2014

Calendar forum is not closed.
The short answer is that you cannot map Calendar template to existing database. Like any other template Calendar template has a number of events that expect certain table and field names. If you need to use another table or field name you need to go through all events making changes to field names. This basically means re-implementing the Calendar template.

Thank you for clearing that up, Sergey.
And that gives me a challenge. I am going to come up with "something".
Saturday update: After looking at the Calendar tables and queries and the Events I can see how to pump my existing project appointment form into the Calendar View. Not too hard.