This topic is locked

Calendar Template - Starting Point

10/2/2008 11:46:17 PM
Calendar Template general questions
K
kenlyle author

I purchased the Calendar Template, and want to implement it, but it seems completely different from a standard database app where everything is obvious- search pages, list pages, all vanilla stuff.
I unzipped the template file into /templates/business as instructed, and call it Calendar3, since I think it's the third revision, and then start creating Calendar3 projects using the Wizard...which works for data driven apps...
I found with Calendar, it's now a Wizard thing, it's that all of the magic is in the phprt file, which 4.1 doesn't look for by default, I saw the PHPR in the earlier releases, but hadn't looked at them for a long time....anyway, hope my bumbling might help someone else.
Anyway, the app publishes, and I see the tabs, etc, in the GUI, but Monthly, for example, is just a list, and not the calendar view that I was hoping for, like the demo, where, for example, Monthly_list.asp is a calendar....probably because I just did Open, set the database, and then Build.
I'd appreciate any tips to make my app display a calendar view rather than just a list. Is there perhaps a 4.2 feature that is required, that 4.1 doesn't have?
Thanks,

Ken

J
Jane 10/23/2008

Ken,
Calendar works in the PHPRunner 4.2 and 5.0 only.

Please upgrade and re-create your project.

K
kenlyle author 10/25/2008

Thanks, Jane- it's working in 5.0. I had some email with Sergey on this and he liked my suggestion that a "version" tag of some kind could be put into either PHPRunner and/or the templates, so that incompatibilities are reported directly to the user, via error messages. He says it's "on the list".
Thanks,

Ken