This topic is locked

Existing projects

12/23/2007 7:01:38 AM
Calendar Template general questions
C
charly1211 author

How can I integrate the calendar template into existing projects? in my Projects there is a lot of programming and I can't recreate all objects a second time.
Thanks and a merry Xmas

admin 12/23/2007

We'll add an option to integrate templates into existing projects in one of the following versions.

C
charly1211 author 12/25/2007

Hi,
I bought the Calendar template for an actual project so it's hard to wait for a future version. How can I integrate the template with the current version of phpr or the beta version of Thursday?
Thanks in advance!

admin 12/26/2007

There is no answer to this question.
I can recommend to create a new project using the Calendar template and point it to your existing database. After project is created add more tables to this project.

G
garethpDevClub member 1/14/2008

hi
What is the timescale for being able to add calender template to an existing project?
Thanks

Gareth

admin 1/15/2008

There is no timeline for this feature yet.
We perfectly understand how important is it.

K
kenlyle 5/12/2008

There is no answer to this question.

I can recommend to create a new project using the Calendar template and point it to your existing database. After project is created add more tables to this project.

I am doing as Sergey suggests, and have made a copy of a production database, and inserted the Calendar SQL file, which creates something like 5 new tables, and am generating a project using the Calendar project template in PHPR 4.1.
I've still got the 100+ tables from the other database.
So, It looked at first like the only issue in displaying events from an existing table may be changing the queries that the Calendar views use, but there are lots of hard coded queries in the Events for the calendar.
I found that it's possible to append records from my source table, which is SugarCRM Projects_Tasks, into calendar:

INSERT INTO calendar ( DateField, Description, TimeField, EndTime, DayEvent, EndDate, Period, Recurrence, Category, Theme )

SELECT project_task.date_start, project_task.description, project_task.time_start, project_task.time_finish, "0" AS DayEvent, project_task.date_finish, "d" AS Period, 1 AS Recurrence, "EV1" AS Category, project_task.name

FROM project_task

WHERE (((project_task.date_start) Between #5/1/2008# And #5/31/2008#));

and that the events seem to be processed correctly. That's in Access, for MySQL, like in phpmyadmin, the dates have to be in YYYY-MM-DD format
I am open to any good ideas on helping to move the Calendar template toward being usable for existing databases.
OH, if I can define 'calendar' as a view, and delete the 'calendar' table would that work? Does MySQL 4.x have views? alas, it appears not...
Best,

Ken

N
Noal 9/22/2008

We'll add an option to integrate templates into existing projects in one of the following versions.

Have there been any updates since the version within this post? I am also looking to integrate the calendar within an existing database. I have the Calendar module showing in my new project but I'm stuck at trying to get the daily, weekly, monthly custom views integrated and wasn't sure if I am missing something. I have not tried to populate existing data into the calendar either and figured I would post first.
Thank you,
Noal

admin 9/23/2008

The latest versions of both ASPRunnerPro and PHPRunner are able to add Calendar template to any existing project.

N
Noal 9/23/2008

Dumb question about the calendar integration......
I am opening my existing project which has multiple tables and a lot of various fields throughout. I am a little lost as where to then integrate the new calendar into the current theme of my existing project.
If I start with a new Calendar template/project and use the same database as my other previously saved project then proceed to use new and previously created tables it starts to get me what I want. The problem is that I would have to then re-create my field properties and attributes all over again for my old project. This will take a little work and I am ok doing this but I wanted to make sure that this was the best way to get the integration that I want. I would prefer to start with my existing project then just integrate the calendar into it but can't find where to get the integration to mesh when starting with my previous project. It's mainly the custom views which seem to be missing when doing it this way because the tables and fields are now there for the calendars.
Does this make sense?
Thanks for your help,
Noal

admin 9/24/2008

Noal,
use "Project" button, then "Add template to project"

N
Noal 9/24/2008

In my Project button it does not have a "Add Template to Project".
It only has "New", "Open", "Save", "Save Project As", and "Save Project As Template".
I am running version 4.2 build 379. Is this a function of 5?
Thanks,
Noal

admin 9/24/2008

Yes, this feature was added in PHPRunner 5.0