This topic is locked

general

12/21/2007 1:22:57 PM
Shopping Cart Template general questions
G
garethp authorDevClub member

Hi
I have just come across the shopping cart template having bought phprunner which I think is fantastic.
I have a couple of general questions to find out whether the template is of any use to me before I buy it.

1. My products are a zero value (replacement components) which specific customers can order free of charge - can shopping cart deal with this OK?
  2. Do you have to use the tables formed by shopping cart (presumably) or can you define your own to use?
  3. Bill of Material - I have a number of top level parts and these are made up of components (eg partA is made of 3 x partX and 2 x partY, partB is made of 6 x partX and 12 x partZ)
    I have a Bill of material table that defines this - parent part / componenet part / qty
    What I would like to achieve is all the parent parts are shown like a category and when you click the category the components are shown.
    One way to acheive this is to have parts being assigned to multiple categories - eg partX above would need to be assigned to partA and partB.
    Is this possible with shopping cart?
    Many thanks

admin 12/26/2007

I'm not sure if shopping cart can deal with zero-priced items. Probably some modifications are required to make this happen.
You need to use tables provided by shopping cart template as some table/field names are hardcoded into events. You can add more fields or add more tables though.
In regards to selling compound items - some modifications are required as well.