This topic is locked

Menu items depending on validation record

6/29/2004 10:35:33 AM
ASPRunnerPro General questions
hanb author

I need some ideas regarding changing the menu program as generated bu asprunne pro.

During the login procedure, when the username and pasword are ok, can I return extra fields from the username database, or check on them (false or true).

Upon return in the menuprogram, display one or more programs depending on the returned results. This way I can control which user access what database.
I also saw that seperate login modules are present for each table , however I believe they are not called from the menu anymore. This way the standard logon would validate general access, and the other logons validate access to the specific table.
How would I change code for each of these options?

I am a novice asp programmer.

hanb author 7/4/2004

I have tried to create a seperate loginfile thru asprunner pro, and changed the code in the Menu program to goto this login.asp. When i run the application, the login takes place, routing me to the menu. When choosing the application I want, the second login takes place, but it always goea back to the menu progran, while it should go to the list program as indicated in the code. >> Response.Redirect Replace("relaties_list.asp", "%20", " ")

Do I have to change more code?

admin 7/5/2004

Hi,
it's difficult to say something without seeing your actual code. You can zip and send me all files from ASPRunner's output folder including subfolders and your sample database. Just send it to support AT xlinesoft.com.