This topic is locked

Change the hyperlink for the Breadcrumbs home icon's hyperlink.

4/30/2024 3:04:35 PM
PHPRunner General questions
DealerModules authorDevClub member

img alt

Where can I change the Breadcrumbs Home icon's hyperlink as I have circled in red?
I do not want it to go to the menu.php .
I cannot find an answer in the manual or google.

Also looked in the Misc / Labels area.
Maybe I am just overlooking something.
Any direction is appreciated.

Thanks
Paul

D
druck281 4/30/2024

The Home link will take you to the application Landing Page. On the Misc screen, you will find a button to change the Landing Page for the application. This will also change the page on which users land when they log in.

DealerModules authorDevClub member 4/30/2024

Hi and thanks for you input.

In my apps, it takes me to a menu page which is totally different from my Landing Page, which is a Dashboard.

I have 8 different apps in production and they are all doing the same, when you click the Home icon, they are sent to a menu.php page that I do not use.

I am hoping that someone has the answer. I asked this same question 2 years ago and never got a response. Thanks in advance for any help.

img alt

D
druck281 4/30/2024

Option B would be to put a redirect on the Before Process event of the menu.php page. Doing it this way allows you to either hard code the redirect or pull a different page from the database based on your criteria.

DealerModules authorDevClub member 5/2/2024

Hi Druck281,
I appreciate your feedback and taking the time to try to help.
I can't find where I can add a Before Process to the menu.php because it is a part of the "Common Pages".
I don't believe there is any events for the "Common Pages" available.
If you know of a way that I can do this, please let me know.
Right now I have turned off breadcrumbs on all of the page so the home icon doesn't show, but it is not what I really wanted to do.
Thanks again for you suggestions.
Paul

D
druck281 5/11/2024

In the Event tab, it is at the top but it's labeled 'Welcome page'. This is where I have my code to redirect when user lands on the menu.php

img alt

-Jason