This topic is locked

BitNija challenge triggers "server error occured"

3/12/2024 6:38:26 AM
PHPRunner General questions
G
GaryW author

My hosting provider uses BitNinja and recently this has resulted in us getting "Server error occurred" quite frequently. Usually we are able to clck see details and solve the captcha. However, I was wondering if there is a way to detect the challenge and present it rather than having to click see details as this is occasionally gettuing missed resulting in our users being grey-listed for a time.

G
GaryW author 3/12/2024

Apologires for the misleading title, it should of course read BitNinja not BitNija.

HJB 3/13/2024

My assumption here: Seeing people from Hungary to gamble with AI on security and new versions/betas testing,
your hoster (paying $40/mo. for BitNinja for 250+ shared users) seems to have been underestimating that there
are AI related call limits (depending on the signed-up price model) which, once surpassed on rush hours, leads
to a standstill. Whether the trouble is on the hoster's end by additional AI based traffic on the shared hosting
server capacities or a bottleneck at the BitNinja AI limits can be hardly ironed out. If the problem persists or say,
it leading to losses (time,money, motivation) at the user's end, it seems that a shift to more reliable hosting of
others is the only way out here.

admin 3/19/2024

We are not faimiliar with BitNinja software but if it prevents your users from using your web application, you either need to get your hosting company disable it for your website or to find another web hosting.