This topic is locked

Connect to a VPN

3/5/2024 2:24:21 PM
PHPRunner General questions
mtpocket author

Greetings,

I'm using PHPR 10.7 Enterprise and need to "post" via endpoints, data on a remote server. When using localhost & OpenVPN I can successfully "get" & "post" information on remote server.

My problem is, after publishing on my piblic IP I cannot access the endpoints and have a strong suspision it's the VPN.
My question is.

1. How can I connect to the VPN
  2. Can I create "add database connection" to access this VPN. NB. I'm using the Enterprise Edition
  3. Can PHPR overcome my hurdle or do I look elsewhere.
  4. The other vendor doesn't want to whitelist my IP.

Any assistance/inspiration will be appreciated.

Regards

MT

admin 3/6/2024

PHP applications do not know anything about VPNs, they work on a different level. You need to talk to the person who handles networking in your organization and ask them what causes the issue and what can be done about it.

M
Mark Kramer 3/25/2024

Connect to the VPN first using the credentials given to you by your IT department. Then you can access things just like you were on site . Like admin said, PHP has nothing to do with the VPN. The very nature of VPN "Virtural Private Network" tells you it's not the same as code.

HJB 3/26/2024

Citing excerpt ex: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8003230/vpn-connection-through-php-or-some-other-server-side-scripting
I'm now working on a project where I need to access a computer cloud on a private network
(there is no public IP directly to the cloud so it can only be accessed when I'm on the network).
My project involves a website that needs to access that cloud "somehow".
unquote

Got your point ..., I think, the above URL content speaks on YOUR issue as well, view tipps rendered by user(s).