This topic is locked

PHPRUNNER 11Beta

3/1/2024 4:10:35 AM
PHPRunner General questions
D
DRCR Dev author

Hi

Where do we access PHPRUNNER 11 BETA that as promised for the end of February?

Not the preview - the BETA.

D
David Kain 3/1/2024

this is getting ridiculous. i've now paid xlinesoft close to $4,000 and quite frankly, the current version in barely different than the version 3 years ago.

release a stable product and the STEP UP your documentation. I don't want single examples, I want full code solutions for common Line-Of-Business problems, and IN DEPTH explanations of every method, procedure, and event IN TEXT FORM.

Right now, the ONLY thing that keeps me with PHP Runner is the fact that the code that it gernerates is MINE. But i'll tell you something, there are a LOT of low-code and even no-code SAAS platforms out there and some of them are getting REALLY sophisticated.

Hope to be a customer for many more years but something HAS to change.

tldr; I'm tired of waiting, tired of empty promises, i dont want a flashy interface, i want better functionality and proper documentation.

D
DRCR Dev author 3/1/2024

I use ChatGTP and I have extended 10.91 way way way past the original expectation.

I've been hanging on but losing faith. I'm considering stopping at 10.91 and building my own addons around it.

The only reason I care about version 11 is that it will allow me to trash my Windows tower and work totally on my MAC laptop.

Dalkeith 3/2/2024

David I have to step in here and just say that I have been able to work with PHP Runner to produce solid programs that just work and with which I have no issues. I treat it with respect and try and work with it rather than forcing it to do things that involve too much bespoke UI. I am very careful with my hosting provision and have found that PHP runner works outstandingly well with MS Azure and CPanel (my personal experience) which gives me a huge choice in where I host and importantly full control over the related databases. Like you said another of the very big positives is full control over the final code. Also I would draw readers attention to the lack of progressive pricing (by progressive I mean paying for compute and or users and or applications) which is actually extremely rare in low code.

Full code solutions for common Line of Business problems with in depth explanations of every method ???? - come on David no software provider has a flat rate and you get 15 line of business apps.

There is a lot of instruction material out there and an excellent video channel.

I'm in no way sponsored by PHPRunner but I've been around enough to know what adds value to business and if there's a weakness its my ability to exploit all the opportunties and not PHPRunner.

Go get that low code alternative if you think there's something better out there... I certainly never found it.
A lot of the big players require you to totally relinquish server and database control.. NO WAY

admin 3/2/2024

We will have beta version on Tuesday or Wednesday. Thank you for the patience friends!

I
I 3/2/2024

I am very satisfied with phprunner, it is a stable environment, the service that Xlinesoft offers is excellent!

D
David Kain 3/2/2024

@ Dalkeith
While I do love the software and have produced several functional tools with the platform, I still believe the official documentation is lacking. I recently purchased two ActiveX components for an old MSAccess project that I inheritted. I was amazed by the number of examples. This page: https://www.example-code.com/vb6/imap.asp lists just the examples for the IMAP email control, and if you are using powershell, they list the examples WITH CODE for that too https://www.example-code.com/powershell/imap.asp and the same goes on for Java, C++, Delphi, Ruby, Pearl, C#, Go, and even friggin DataFlex. And this is all just for the IMAP portion of the control. My point is, (i believe) PHP Runner code has to move closer to that direction if it wants to remain popular and thrive. I apologize if my last post came off as hostile, I truly do admire the work done here (especially considering I'm understanding it's mostly 1 gentleman doing the work), but I get frustrated knowing I could be using it too it's full potential but can't find adequate documentation to be able to.

gehrenfeld 3/3/2024

Will we able to run the Beta versions and 10.91?

Dalkeith 3/4/2024

Thanks for your considered response David

C
cristi 3/4/2024

@ David Kain: you kind of compare apples with oranges. The example that you posted is for a company that produces mainly compiled libraries for different programming languages. Of course those needed to be documented and with examples otherwise what's the point? On the other hand PhpRunner is (at its base) a RAD tool designed to help you create very fast and with little knowlegde of PHP a CRUD web interface for your database. Sure, it does other things but this is the main objective so it doesn't need to be as documented as libraries of compiled code for programmers to import in their projects. If you know little to none php code what good those examples of code will do to you? And if you are a PHP guru then you don't need PHPRunner...
I think that some examples are lacking but my main complain is the way help is designed with those links after links....I would like something developed from https://about.readthedocs.com/?ref=readthedocs.com.

admin 3/5/2024
D
DRCR Dev author 3/5/2024

Where will we report bugs? My first 10.91 import generated some errors

Database - SQL error
character with byte sequence 0xcb 0x82 in encoding "UTF8" has no equivalent in encoding "WIN1252"

Error
at runnerException (C:\Users\cecil\AppData\Local\PHPRunner11preview\app-11.0.2\resources\app.asar\dist\out-tsc\wizard\src\app\projectProtocol\errors.js:180:19)
at runnerThrow (C:\Users\cecil\AppData\Local\PHPRunner11preview\app-11.0.2\resources\app.asar\dist\out-tsc\wizard\src\app\projectProtocol\errors.js:175:11)
at RunnerTerminal.runUser (C:\Users\cecil\AppData\Local\PHPRunner11preview\app-11.0.2\resources\app.asar\dist\out-tsc\runner\src\app\instance\runnerTerminal.js:33:38)
at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)
at RunnerTerminal.importProject (C:\Users\cecil\AppData\Local\PHPRunner11preview\app-11.0.2\resources\app.asar\dist\out-tsc\runner\src\app\instance\runnerTerminal.js:64:16)
at ImportManager.importOldProject (C:\Users\cecil\AppData\Local\PHPRunner11preview\app-11.0.2\resources\app.asar\dist\out-tsc\runner\src\app\instance\import.js:76:33)
at RunnerInstance.importProject (C:\Users\cecil\AppData\Local\PHPRunner11preview\app-11.0.2\resources\app.asar\dist\out-tsc\runner\src\app\instance\instance.js:234:32)
at InstanceManager.runner (C:\Users\cecil\AppData\Local\PHPRunner11preview\app-11.0.2\resources\app.asar\dist\out-tsc\runner\src\app\instance\manager.js:110:28)
at WebContents.<anonymous> (node:electron/js2c/browser_init:2:89579)

D
DUKE 3/6/2024

I am getting the same error. This looks like something between myqsl and postgres.

D
DRCR Dev author 3/6/2024

When I started my latest project a year ago, all the old Linux, PHP and software I used was going out of date in the next few years. So I started building on the latest of everything - Centos, PHP, mysql. It's indeed very possible these are something to do we me deving on a server that is set install the latest of all Linux stable updates for these.

D
DRCR Dev author 3/6/2024

Sorry I just realised you're more likely right. My choice to go to the latest software are more likely to cause different errors.

D
DUKE 3/6/2024

Hi!

Where did you download from. The link points to a preview which is not available. Substituted beta in there to get the download.

Coming back to the DB issue - I am also experiencing issues creating tables / field type changes etc.

I think when the background db communication is sorted it will solve all of our issues.

Testing the rest - Damn this new version is snappy!

D
DUKE 3/6/2024

I have been waiting for this new version for a long time!

Started with PHPrunner in 2011 or 2012. Currently I work on PHPRunner full time. Well, about 70% PHPrunner, and the rest MySql and some vs code thrown in.

The PHPRunner interface started showing its age.

D
DRCR Dev author 3/6/2024

Hi Duke

I also just changed preview to beta

D
DUKE 3/7/2024

I also got this problem when importing a small sample project:

character with byte sequence 0xcb 0x82 in encoding "UTF8" has no equivalent in encoding "WIN1252"

Solved this one by checking my Mysql Database - make sure all the tables use the same character set.
My tables were a mix of utf8mb3 and latin 1. There were also one or two federated tables in there.

Changed all to utf8mb3 and the import worked 100%.

Did a cars template from scratch in 1091. Imported. Got a new error - some front end related issue. Sent it to Alexey.
They should have this one fixed shortly.

There are one or two small things I picked up, but I will look into these as I get time.

M
MikeUk 3/7/2024

Hi Duke,
All my tables are set to utf8mb4 with the exception of one table, the PHPR usergroup table, that was utf8mb3.
So I changed it to utf8mb4 and still get the same problem, I then modified the sql backup dump to change all utf8mb4 to utf8mb3 and it still didn't work.

I used a hex editor to search for the 0xcb 0x82 in the phpr for the project. That gave 2 results over two lines of adjacent code.

<m_strResetDateField>˂Create new˃</m_strResetDateField>
<m_strResetTokenField>˂Create new˃</m_strResetTokenField>

I may be totally wrong as normal, and this could just be a coincidence. To me though, these characters seem out of place in what appears to be an ASCII text file. Yet, they work fine in v10.91

Mike

D
DRCR Dev author 3/7/2024

I only use Latin General CS (Just for Password Hashes) or Latin General CI (Mostly) as its a financial system.

D
DRCR Dev author 3/7/2024

I've tried switching all databases and tables to utf8mb3 and I still get the same error

Database - SQL error

Error
at runnerException (C:\Users\cecil\AppData\Local\PHPRunner11preview\app-11.0.2\resources\app.asar\dist\out-tsc\wizard\src\app\projectProtocol\errors.js:180:19)
at runnerThrow (C:\Users\cecil\AppData\Local\PHPRunner11preview\app-11.0.2\resources\app.asar\dist\out-tsc\wizard\src\app\projectProtocol\errors.js:175:11)
at RunnerTerminal.runUser (C:\Users\cecil\AppData\Local\PHPRunner11preview\app-11.0.2\resources\app.asar\dist\out-tsc\runner\src\app\instance\runnerTerminal.js:33:38)
at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)
at RunnerTerminal.importProject (C:\Users\cecil\AppData\Local\PHPRunner11preview\app-11.0.2\resources\app.asar\dist\out-tsc\runner\src\app\instance\runnerTerminal.js:64:16)
at ImportManager.importOldProject (C:\Users\cecil\AppData\Local\PHPRunner11preview\app-11.0.2\resources\app.asar\dist\out-tsc\runner\src\app\instance\import.js:76:33)
at RunnerInstance.importProject (C:\Users\cecil\AppData\Local\PHPRunner11preview\app-11.0.2\resources\app.asar\dist\out-tsc\runner\src\app\instance\instance.js:234:32)
at InstanceManager.runner (C:\Users\cecil\AppData\Local\PHPRunner11preview\app-11.0.2\resources\app.asar\dist\out-tsc\runner\src\app\instance\manager.js:110:28)

D
DRCR Dev author 3/7/2024

Chat GTP Convo fixed the first error. New error now and working through it. It's an odd character in import file. I searched for the fake <, fixed it to a real < it and got a new error.

What does this mean?

Database - SQL error

ChatGPT
This error message is indicating a problem related to character encoding in a database system.

"Database - SQL error": This part of the message suggests that an error has occurred while executing a SQL (Structured Query Language) command in a database. SQL is used to communicate with and manipulate databases.

"character with byte sequence 0xcb 0x82 in encoding 'UTF8'": This indicates that there is a character in the database that is represented in UTF-8 encoding with the byte sequence 0xCB 0x82. UTF-8 is a widely used encoding standard that can represent a very large number of unique characters from multiple languages and symbol sets.

"has no equivalent in encoding 'WIN1252'": Windows-1252 (often referred to as WIN1252) is another character encoding standard, more limited than UTF-8, commonly used in Windows systems, particularly in Western languages. This part of the error message is saying that the UTF-8 character represented by 0xCB 0x82 does not have a direct equivalent in the WIN1252 encoding.

This type of error typically occurs during data transfer or data conversion processes where text data is moved from a UTF-8 encoded system to a system or database that uses WIN1252 encoding. Since WIN1252 cannot represent certain characters that UTF-8 can, this leads to an error when such a character is encountered.

To resolve this issue, you might consider:

Ensuring that the systems or databases involved are using compatible character encodings.
Converting data to a common encoding standard before transfer or processing.
Removing or replacing characters that are not supported by the target encoding (if data integrity is not compromised).
If this error is occurring in a specific software or database management system, consulting their documentation for handling character encoding issues would be beneficial.

User
What character 0xcb 0x82 so I can try and find it?
ChatGPT
The byte sequence 0xCB 0x82 in UTF-8 encoding represents the character Ë‚. This character is known as "MODIFIER LETTER LEFT ARROWHEAD" and is part of the Unicode character set. It is less commonly used in general text, often appearing in specialized contexts like certain linguistic, mathematical, or technical materials.

If you're encountering an issue with this character in your database or data transfer processes, it's likely due to the target encoding (like WIN1252) not supporting this specific character. When searching for this character in your data, look for instances where it might be used, perhaps in technical or specialized text fields. Remember that regular text editors or database tools might not display this character correctly, especially if they don't support full UTF-8 encoding, so you might need to use a tool that can handle UTF-8 encoding properly.

User
So its not some funny emoji just a <
ChatGPT
The byte sequence 0xCB 0x82 in UTF-8 does not represent the standard less-than sign (<) that is commonly used. Instead, it corresponds to a special character, Ë‚, known as "MODIFIER LETTER LEFT ARROWHEAD." This character is visually similar to the less-than sign but is distinct in its usage and encoding.

The modifier letter left arrowhead is used primarily in specific contexts, such as in certain linguistic, mathematical, or phonetic texts. It is not a standard punctuation mark or symbol like the common less-than sign. This distinction is important in encoding and character set contexts, as each character, even if visually similar, has a unique representation in different encoding systems like UTF-8.

When you're dealing with text encoding issues, these subtle differences become significant, especially when transferring data between systems that support different sets of characters. In systems that do not recognize or support Ë‚, this character could lead to errors, like the one you encountered.

User
If I was searching in a text editor what would I search for? If you give me the exact charceter would i find in text edit for windows?
ChatGPT
If you're using a text editor in Windows that supports UTF-8 encoding (such as Notepad++), you can search for the exact character. The character corresponding to the byte sequence 0xCB 0x82 is Ë‚ (MODIFIER LETTER LEFT ARROWHEAD). It is important to note that this character is different from the common less-than sign (<).

To search for this character in a text editor, you would follow these steps:

Copy the Character: You can copy the character Ë‚ directly from this response.
Open the Text Editor: Open your text file with a text editor that supports UTF-8 encoding.
Paste in Search Box: Paste the copied character into the search box of the text editor.
Search: Initiate the search to find occurrences of this character in your text.
Remember, the appearance of Ë‚ in your text editor depends on the font being used and whether it supports this specific character. If the text editor or the font doesn't support this character, it might appear as a blank space, a box, or some other placeholder symbol. Not all text editors in Windows, especially the more basic ones, might support such characters correctly.

D
DRCR Dev author 3/7/2024

After fixing several < and > in my phpr file (changing the invalid characters that look like these symbols but are not),

I got an error in this line: <s<sLogTable><Create new></sLogTable>

I enabled table logging to get rid of it in my PHPRUNNER 10.91 project. When resaving this time all the <> were miraculously fixed.

But I got a new error:

Generic
'ProjectEditFormat.lookupDependentFields' property is missing @jiArray decorator

J
jacktonghkDevClub member 3/7/2024

PHPRuuner cannot display results and freeze in the query tab. Also it does not show my primary database in the lookup wizard lookup field selection. My database is a MS SQL in a remote server. Thanks.

D
DUKE 3/8/2024

Hi DRCR Dev and Mike,

My fix was not very representative of a real world conversion from a previous project.

I restored a bunch of tables from an existing project into a new DB. Created a brand new 1091 project, used the tables and saved.

With an ongoing project there will be a lot of stuff in the PHPR file that gets changed, and from your testing the problem lies in the PHPrunner file as well.

After my quick test I also ran into the @jiArray error.

I will do a test over the weekend with a big project and try out the fixes from DRCR.

HJB 3/8/2024

@admin

First, congrats to 1st milestone named BETA.

It provides a totally NEW era of the PHPRUNNER history at all.

When I started out with PHPRUNNER 2.0 decades ago, no one knew on how
especially the PHP oriented tool would finally develop in the markets, but now
now we see, despite the fact that PHP is ranking (AFAIK) on 19 of the list of
popular scripting languages, the multi-works version is strongly knocking at the
door of global enterprises by means that the former "one developer - one project"
path became history by this BETA by now.

In other words, while most single developers want to upgrade their "old" projects
and are hammering on compatability probs, my focus here is only on NEW projects
under now "no more antique IE engine" oriented terms.

The BETA paved the way for GROUPS of developers who, by its number on per
project basis, would gain more credibility on support/survival/maintenance and
warranty request by larger companies on longterm arrangements.

Sure, the biggest hurdle, here, to guarantue the record locking once one developer
is touching the project, is unknown and maybe even of NO interest to single developers
at all, but when it comes to a LOW CODE generator under participation of several
programmers (multi-works), even NEW projects can be completed in record time.

We all know, we only talk about a 3 years SUPPORT of PHP versions by now, so,
on the long run, old projects are needed to get mothballed or re-constructed, but
a new project from the ground is what is wished by companies these days.

I made a short testing of the BETA, under NEW project. Unfortunately en I came
to the field type, I could not make any choice at all, as the popup of options did not
work. I used XAMPP 8.2.12 version in this case, with W11 HOME version, latest
update

No problem, I can wait until the final version is coming out any time from now.

Keep up the tough job done over roughly 15 months now to lift us all up to the
NEXT stage under "MULTIRUNNER" terms.

Stay tuned - HJB

HJB 3/8/2024

@admin

https://xlinesoft.com/buy_support.htm

Given, one could attract total 4 other PHPRunner developers on a
larger NEW (from scratch) project, and wants to satisfy the client by
inclusion the Xlinesoft team members to keep the support and maintenance
level on highest possible range, question remains whether or not the
already very low support rates (I mean, no more UPLOAD to demo account
on issues, but provision of login credentials on to the Xlinesoft team member(s)
at a pre-defined price and action time level) would/could remain to the the same?

Seeing in the web that a non-productive IT CONSULTER get $100 to $250 per
hour while PHPRUNNER developer rates seen in the web go as low as $12 per
hour for so called "PHPRunner Professionals"), I think, the XLINESOFT needs
to some how "auction" available support times at its best, moreover before LINUX
and MAC version PLUS a version for NATIVE smartphone apps are on the roadmap.

I fear that with theses expansions to come, support time windows may get somehow
"bottlenecked" in no distant time, hence my query whether or not a support price
update is planned or not.

D
DRCR Dev author 3/8/2024

HJB why does multi vs single dev matter? I'm a single dev and it doesnt worry me. If I get big enough it gives me comfort I can grow to multidev and database locking is long established a feature of MYSQL - I dont know of other databases because I dont use them.

I don't understand your concern? What is wrong you want fixed?

HJB 3/9/2024

@DRCR Dev

Multi dev matters once a group of users is targeting a project for a larger enterprise.What larger companies is hindering most to hire
a single developer is the called "risk" like sudden severe illness, death by accident, unavailibility of support by whatsoever else reason.
It's simple. Try to mentally slip into the role of a decision maker who is responsible for may be hundred or even thousands of workers
under his care, say, a company whose information flow cannot afford to experience a standstill for very few hours or even some days.
Once a GROUP of developers is in place, the aforementioned risks are getting minized, if not extinguished, and is providing more trust
into a longterm relationship, say, minimum 3 years and up.

Multi-works oriented record locking has nothing to do with long known MYSQL based abilities at all. What we are talking about here is
the need to run a proper VERSIONING of the project once several developers are working on same. To avoid conflicts here, this BETA
needs to "observe" activities on the project and needs to take care that, if one developer is working on a particular project case, the
others are "blocked" to so on very same. Further, if one developers had been making a mistake and "destroyed" a part of the project,
it is mandatory to be able to return to a previous version and that's what is as well special here with the new beta.

Sure, to get problems for a single developer fixed is normally forming a part of "silver" or "gold" support bought on hourly package basis.
If forum members are providing free help here, it is somehow contradicting with the support policies of the Xlinesoft developers. Say, one
kills income if assisting people who make it public here that they use the code generator for a FINANCIAL SYSTEM, hello?

Rather than to assume that a hell of money is made, question remains: Why hammering for a "free of charge" solution by the developers
once the problem itself is NOT associated wiith the product itself? Worst, by doing do, not so experienced forum visitoors can be somehow
infliuenced to believe, the product is faulty and cannot be trusted.

Finally, this BETA is a game changer anyway. It provides independence now from slow IE engine needs as seen before, and so, LINUX
and MAC versions plus NATIVE smartphone app version are the coming blossoms in no distant time.

Example: Developer 1 sits before a Windows 11 system, developer 2 works under LINUX, developer 3 lovers to work only on MACS.
Under each operating system you are about to find UNIQUE features you cannot find of only reproduce by time intensive works. If
now a group of developers is working on ONE project, the new MULTI DEV beta version is offering something special by time savings,
revisions, and particularly by awesome code generation speed, especially when it comes to projects with 1400+ tables.

In short, this BETA is a step into the FUTURE oof NEEW projects, but could of course as contribute to old projects too.

D
DRCR Dev author 3/9/2024

HJB

Absolutely the features you mention are defintely important for me too. Mostly the version control and roll back forever so no idiot breaks my software.

I've done it before and thought I found a mistake, I go and fix it and find out everything was right in the first place and I can rollback.

I think you're speaking for the very big developers like you said 1400 tables + where someone like me usually only works on under 200 tables. But your features are always a future proof for anyone else too.

HJB 3/9/2024

@DRCR Dev

When the PHPRunner 11 preview came out, I succeeded to load an elder project and to run a code generation then, it was awesome,
say, in less than 2 or 3 seconds it was done. Imagine now, 10 developers are working on the very same project where you can only
see the results once a fresh code generation had been done, taking 1400+ tables into consideration. At least by then, you are about
to discover reasons why Microsoft abandoned the PHP support longer time ago, simply because they know too well, their Azure and
else machinery, handling 365 office products (say, they don't have a serious database to work with, but found a way to automate
Excel sheets by Power BI, would not be able to compete once a team of 10 developers would build a project from scratch under
now PHP 8.30 and let usd say the latest MariaDB version (to avoid licensing troubles). Sure, it may sound ridiculous, yet I gave a
96 processors (192 threads) and 9 kilograms weighing workstation with 10 Gigs per second read and write speed under NVME-SSDs
a serious look some days ago to let such 9 kilograms finally stem 10 or more developers on per project basis with ease. Finally,
to penetrate with PHPRUNNER 11 final version into existing work and data flows would make no sense, simply because, if a
customer who signed up elsewhere is already mouse-trapped, won't be able to get freed. So better to look for new projects where
the competition has not even thought about it to fill such niches and fortunately, I have some, hence the brainstorming and technical
lookaround well in time before the final is out any time from now, sequel to the well known BizWiz:

Failing to plan is planning to fail !

D
DRCR Dev author 3/9/2024

HJB

Surely Windows support is a commercial consideration rather than optimisation.

I see PHPRUNNER 11 in Linux and Mac being the future. My M1 Max laptop has more power and faster processing and disk speed than my 48 core AMD workstation which has 4X more RAM.

Many things that Windows just fails at, I've been able to achieve in linux. I would never use a Windows server.

HJB 3/9/2024

@DRCR Dev

Fully agree on the M1 speed. A colleague asked me few days ago to find the best price
for the M3 Pro Max notebook, simply because he as well confirmed to me: the speed of
his not too weak Windows case is much less compared by performance of what the M3
Pro Max would cough out.

(DEV) TIME IS MONEY ..., and the holy grail at Redmond is more in stock trading issues
rather than in OS production..., we need to see how it works out with the final version of
PHPRunner 11.

I downloaded a fresh BETA version today, yet while I could bring the previous to run, this
new one (on start) gives me only an error window, and nothing else.

A clear signal to at least me to remain patient as a "good meal" usually needs a kind of some
well thought cooking steps to go..., before the final landing on the dish.

D
DRCR Dev author 3/9/2024

HJB

I love Mac because of the user experience. I have always loved a good user experience and I spend 70% of my dev work on creating good user experiences.

Microsoft is just: whatever we felt was good enough, now eat it and take it because we say so.

I do wish Linux had better OS, but Mac, now that its Apple Silicon and user experience software, I can have my whole office in my laptop case and work from Scotland or Switzerland.

PHPRUNNER 10 and Sage (Accounting Software) are the 2 software on Windows I want to eliminate and make my laptop my office.

HJB 3/9/2024

@DRCR Dev

LINUX - I had been testing quite lot of distros over the past two years or so.
Now, with WINE 9.0 in the market, I downloaded the new Zorin 17.1 by yesterday
for testing purposes. While WINE 9.0 is as well no major problem with other
Linux distros, Zorin now offers BOTTLES which means, Windows programs
and games are running in a sandbox. If the tests are meeting my expectation,
my Asus TUF17 gaming laptop would experience a second OS aboard, aside
of Windows 11. Practically speaking, I have a particular database design program
which works under Windows, yet does fine under WINE 9.0 on Linux too.

In other words, we need to remain flexible to not lose oversight and so, with
Windows being more and more co-piloted and updated, the Linux end is at
least for me providing a cooler place to go when it comes to programming.

G
gary 3/13/2024

Hi, I have successfully installed phprunner 11 beta on my windows 11. Tried creating a new project with mysql, but when i create table, I noticed some problems with it.

1. cannot select field TYPE.
  2. created table using TABLE, TABLE1, ... instead of the name i provided.
  3. after checking phpmyadmin, the table is not created but the project has the table listed.
  4. click/right click on the table name does not offer edit/delete/any choice at all. (probably because of the table not created)
  5. after closing the whole app completely and try to run the app using administrator, it showed some error

img alt

D
DRCR Dev author 3/16/2024

Have any new versions of the Beta been released?

HJB 3/16/2024

@DRCR Dev

I downloaded the Beta some hours ago, file size was 245 MB by then, just saw, it now came up to 286.7 MB by file size.
It seems that something fresh is somehow in the air..., yet did not look at it, due to other technical works at my end.

D
DRCR Dev author 3/20/2024

Yeah it is a new version. I'll give it a spin as soon as a get a free chance which only might be the weekend.

D

I'm currently using the latest versions of MYSQL, APACHE and PHP.

For the first time my main database imported succesfully.

The current issues:

• Non default databases never imported and generated an error Database - Connect error errno:-3008 ENOTFOUND. I renamed databases some time back and PHPRUNNER 10.91 still references the starting names in the phpr file, but everything else still works in 10.91
  • Main database tables that imported but all fields were unselected

HJB 3/20/2024

PHPRunner 11\rSystem Requirements
-OS
--W11
---Yes/No
--W10
---Yes/No
--W7
---Yes/No
-DB
--MySQL
---Yes/No
--Postgres
---Yes/No
--MS SQL
---Yes/No
--Oracle
---Yes/No
--MariaDB
---Yes/No

• PHP
    ---Yes/No
    ---Yes/No
    ---Yes/No
    ---Yes/No

Modified Organigram Text can be clipboarded into the orgranigram designer to immdly produce things as seen below:

img alt

D

HJB, even though I only use the latest of everything software wise, I doubt PHPRUNNER would stop supporting old versions as many people still use them. I know people still on php6.

HJB 3/21/2024

@ DRCR Dev

Well, in INDIA, it is still common to make use of PHP 5..6.04 version. Sure, when you look into the developer market, you can still see the full spectrum of "antique" up to "modern".
Rather than to drum on the term "security updates" of PHP versions, fact remains, any new PHP version provided more performance too. For insiders, the three years life cycle of
support for any PHP version is known. Say, when the major shift from PHPR 9 to PHPR 10 was done, I ran testing under new PHP 8.0 version at that time and had been providing
useful error reports on this forum by then. In other words, sure, you can avoid trouble-shooting by using with newer or latest releases, yet question remains, how long it could last?
PHP 8.3 for example is just out, and every year (if the trend continues) the very next higher version shall be released (one new version per year in average).

And finally, last know ranking of PHP among the most used programming languages is 19 and so, future outlook at least by me is: Would it further dip?

Y
Yoann 3/24/2024

Hi,

I fixed the phpr file and correct <> but now I got this error :

Error: Premature end of data in tag project line 2

at Object.fromXml (C:\Users\Yoann\AppData\Local\PHPRunner11preview\app-11.0.2\resources\app.asar\node_modules\libxmljs2\lib\document.js:117:19)
at NodeXMLParser.parseString (C:\Users\Yoann\AppData\Local\PHPRunner11preview\app-11.0.2\resources\app.asar\dist\out-tsc\runner\src\app\instance\projectImport\nodexmlparser.js:8:32)
at new ProjectImport (C:\Users\Yoann\AppData\Local\PHPRunner11preview\app-11.0.2\resources\app.asar\dist\out-tsc\runner\src\app\instance\projectImport\import.js:25:21)
at ImportManager.importOldProject (C:\Users\Yoann\AppData\Local\PHPRunner11preview\app-11.0.2\resources\app.asar\dist\out-tsc\runner\src\app\instance\import.js:73:24)
at RunnerInstance.importProject (C:\Users\Yoann\AppData\Local\PHPRunner11preview\app-11.0.2\resources\app.asar\dist\out-tsc\runner\src\app\instance\instance.js:234:32)
at InstanceManager.runner (C:\Users\Yoann\AppData\Local\PHPRunner11preview\app-11.0.2\resources\app.asar\dist\out-tsc\runner\src\app\instance\manager.js:110:28)

When I try to validate with notepad++ I got this error on the 1st ligne :

the node is neither valid nor invalid because no dtd/schema declaration was found
fhumanes 3/26/2024

Hello,

Very frequently we receive information that PHP "is dead and will disappear shortly."

I in these cases consult the website: https://w3techs.com/technologies/overview/programming_language

And I check that it is practically the most used language for CMS (WordPress, Drupal, ...) and for web applications.

img alt

Phprunner uses PHP, JavaScript, CSS, HTML, languages that today is in many, many market solutions.

Greetings,
fernando

HJB 3/26/2024

@fernando

Well, server-side installs are differeing of what PROGRAMMERS are favouring.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/793628/worldwide-developer-survey-most-used-languages/

Don't know whether the figures within the statistical chart are reflecting the truth, yet a tendancy
could be grasped from it that PHP is not really dead, but does not belong to the favorites of
programmers, developers and coders of all kind.

D
DRCR Dev author 4/16/2024

I've tried every iteration of the betas, after the 4th Beta the Version 10 file was able to be imported, but version 11 can never connect to any of the mysql databases. It imports the tables from the version 10 file, but no database is connected and every field in the database is unchecked.

If you go back to databases and try connect, the error is always: errno:-3008 ENOTFOUND - this is the same error received when importing.

I'm wondering if version 11 has it's own internal IP address. If you have mysql in Cpanel, every IP address that tries to login must be listed in the allowed IP addresses list.

Version 10 can connect to all of the mysql databases and uses my ISP IP address.

The file imported into Version 11 does not connect to any mysql databases.

D
DRCR Dev author 4/16/2024

After some twinkering, I worked out SSL connections are not yet enabled. Disabling SSL access in the version 10 settings, enables the databases to connect.

However none of the columns in the tables remain mapped. Noticed a few more things:

• Menus don't import
  • Mysql queries rewrite - WHERE statements with AND are converted to OR.
  • Using friendly names for database connections is missing
  • editing multiple database settings after import are missing (can only edit the main database connection)

D
Dennis L 4/17/2024

I thought version 11 was going to be browser based?

D
DRCR Dev author 4/17/2024

Hi Dennis

I also thought it was browser based. I'm not sure if they included a browser to prevent having to code for 20 different browsers or used a different method. It's hard to tell from the beta and I tried the localhost:4200 which showed in the YouTube demo and even with the beta open, I got a refused error.

HJB 4/18/2024

@DRCR Dev

Just downloaded a 525 MB beta file (more than double of what it was before),
or say, it seems to me "fresh meat" (more tasty one) is somehow in the air ...

D
DRCR Dev author 4/18/2024

Thanks, I didnt realise betas were being pumped out daily. I downloaded the latest.

The only issues I could find was these:
I dont think the check boxes need to be on this page and work on the next section.
img alt

And the import of tables:

That converts multiple AND where statements occasionally to OR and then on refresh, removes the WHERE statements. Some backticks don't come accross in some tables but not all.

img alt

I didnt export anything, I was just checking the import. Every previous issue is sorted.

D
DRCR Dev author 4/18/2024

Sorry this was the 10,91 version:

img alt

C
Chris Whitehead 4/19/2024

Downloaded one yesterday, Windows 11 stopped the install due to the package been unsigned, I've downloaded another install this morning which was about 50mb smaller, this started to install then came up with an install error, I'll try it on the other computer to try the install.

S
Sun 4/19/2024

Hi
The new beta package 11.0.11.0 displays an installation error on the first attempt but works fine subsequently. The FTP upload feature is not functioning. Additionally, the rearrange, show, and hide buttons on the Tables page are not operational. Moreover, the Sync Database button does not provide any feedback.

C
Chris Whitehead 4/20/2024

Downloaded latest beta, this was about 466mb in size, failed on the install, came up with a dialog to view the log then that closed, wouldn't run. Once I'd uninstalled the previous version 11, and reinstalled then it worked. Then had to do the same again to get it working so I'll wait until the next beta.

This is on win11.

S
Sun 4/20/2024

Still sftp on version 11.0.12.0 is not listing the directory. Same setting working on 10.91 is not working on 11.0.12.0

HJB 4/21/2024

PHPR v11.0.13 version in use before Windows 11 23H2, MySQL under XAMPP v8.2.12

On install, no errors. On CREATE I'm getting this:

img alt

img alt

S
Sun 4/22/2024

Version 11.0.14 still ftp Location Properties Can't be saved. Also ftp upload doesnot work.

C
Chris Whitehead 4/22/2024

Still having the install then crashing issue on 11.0.14.0 even after uninstalling the previous beta release. It does install and work on my other computer so more likely something on this computer causing the install to fail.