This topic is locked

Multiple server configuration Build

2/12/2024 11:23:36 AM
Suggestions
E
erosolmi author

Hi,

in the past I used a product called CodeCharge from Yes Software. Still on the web but never updated since many years. Not bad for that time.

It had a nice feature that allowed the possibility to setup different Build configurations Servers setup and DB and use them when needed.

For example I have a TEST IIS Server with a TEST MSSQL server and a LIVE IIS server with a LIVE MSSQL Server.
Or I can have 2 IIS servers, TEST and LIVE, sharing the same MSSQL server with same or different DB

I really missed that feature.

Thanks a lot
Eros

admin 2/12/2024

Check 'Server Database Connections' on Output Directory screen.

E
erosolmi author 2/14/2024

Thanks, Yes I saw it.
I can have multiple DB conections but every time I have to change server url and output folder

I was thinking a complete output settings configuration to be setup once and use when needed

I attach some screenshots from Codecharge to render my idea.
There are 2 different configurations, Server1 and Server2, .... and you can setup more as needed
When I go to publish you can choose which server to publish to and all the info are already configured.

Anyway just nice to have.
AspRunner is already a super great product and saved me tons of time and company a lot of money.

Thanks a lot
Eros

img alt

img alt

T
Tim 2/22/2024

Also check FTP settings. If you setup a second FTP site, ASPR will remember which database connection you use for that site. I think this gets you what you're looking for.

Thanks,
Tim