This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Printing out in two or more columns?

2/4/2024 12:41:10 PM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
D
david powell author

Hi,

I have a table which is a list of barcodes.

I want to print them out in two, or posssibly three columns on A4 paper to match up to A4 labels.

I have searched help and the forums for how to get asprunner to spread the data over two columns but have only found one reference to this on the forum. where the user wanted to reformat the ouput and had managed to get it to print in columns by 'selecting two columns' .... but I cant find that!

the output I get is

barcode 1
barcode 2
barcode 3

what I want is

barcode 1 barcode 2
barcode 3 barcode 4
barcode 5 barcode 6

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to achieve this?

Many thanks!

David.

admin 2/4/2024

Page Designer -> List Page -> Grid Type. Select grid type "Advanced Columns" and set number of columns to 2.

You can do the same for the Print page.

D
david powell author 2/5/2024

OK, thank you that splits the printing page into columns.... but I must be being a bit dim, because I cant work out how to get the same field to occur in both columns, but the next data item down in the table! If I change to advanced columns->2 this is the appearance (which when prints not surprisnlgy comes out as a single column).

img alt

I need to tell it to print barcode in the right column as well - but if I create barcode_1 in the sql query it just , naturally, puts in a copy of barcode.

My goal is
left column right column
barcode #1 barcode #2
barcode #3 bacode #4

But I would be ok with
left column right column
barcode #1 barcode #4
barcode #2 barcode #5
barcode #3 barcode #6

W
Willie531DevClub member 2/5/2024

HI David,
Using the " CREATE SQL VIEW" , Create a sql Piviot table query, get the desired results in the query.
and use the previouly metioned method for printing it.

You can find many sample on creating Pivot tables online.
here's one of them https://sqlbenjamin.wordpress.com/2017/06/12/sql-tip-creating-a-pivot-table-via-t-sql/

D
david powell author 2/5/2024

Thank you! I havent had much success with pivot tables using asprunner in the past, but will look at your link and give it another go!

admin 2/5/2024

I believe I provided incorrect advice. You need to select 'Advanced Vertical Grid' and set 'records per row' to 2.

D
david powell author 2/6/2024

That is exactly what I wanted. Thank you very much.