This topic is locked

Pre-Populate details rows with values returned from a db query

1/25/2024 7:04:05 PM
PHPRunner General questions
N
Nikos Tsikas author

Hello all.
I am a very new phprunner user and would really like to have from you experienced guys, your suggestions on a problem that being now in phprunner, I can't find a solution, no matter what.
As the title says, I would like to pre-populate the rows on a details table on the add page of the master table.
More specifically (and I would try to express it in phprunner terminology)

• I have a custom view, that selects out of few thousand rows in products table, a limited subset, say 20.
  • there is an ADD page for the Orders table, and on this ADD page, there is the OrderItems details table.
    What i want to achieve, is that upon loading of the Orders ADD page, a number of rows (equal to the number of the custom view's rowcount) to be added automatically in the orderItems detalis page, and each row's fields to be filled with values from the corresponding (1-1) row of the custom view.
    ALTERNATIVELY
    Is it possible, to display on the Orders ADD page, the results of the custom view, prefferably the LIST page of the custom view? On this list page, I would like to have a button on each row. When user presses the row's button, a new row should be added in the orderItems details and this newly added inline row, to be filled with data coming from the row that it's button was pressed.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciate it.
Thank you