This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Import data to a detail table in a master/detail edit page

11/15/2023 3:01:53 AM
PHPRunner General questions
J
jacktonghk authorDevClub member

I have a master/detail table relationship. In the add or edit page, there is only import option for me to choose which is import the header. However, I would like to manually enter my header information and then import the detail records from an Excel file. How can I acheive this? Thank you.

Best regards,
Jack Tong

J
jacktonghk authorDevClub member 11/15/2023

I walked through some threads and now I know how to code in the before insert function of the detail table's import page. However, I am stilling having problem not seeing the import button for the detail table even I have checked the import option in the page setting. How can I enable it? Thanks

dageciDevClub member 11/16/2023

If you are using access control you need to tick the Import page to allow the imports:

img alt

I don't use the nested master details, but in this case click on proceed to details so that you will be on a page where you have the master record and the details and then it should be there:

img alt

J
jacktonghk authorDevClub member 11/19/2023

Thank you for your reply. I have the import box checked but still cannot get it done. My master and detail records are on the same page therefore the 'import' points to the header table. I would like to have another 'import' button which points to the detail table.

J
jacktonghk authorDevClub member 11/19/2023

I also tried to insert the standard button 'Import' to my detail table's list page but still doesn't work. The import buttone does not come up.

J
jacktonghk authorDevClub member 11/23/2023

My work around is to use a custom button to open the import page