This topic is locked

Error on building - out of memory error message....

9/7/2023 2:47:06 AM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
D
david powell author

Hi,
I have a project which is quite large - the build progress bar shows its compiling around 3,000 files.
I added one more view to the project, and at build got this error message:
CSC : fatal error CS0041: Unexpected error writing debug information to file 'c:\ProjectsV2\pharmatrakv1110localserver\output\obj\Release\runnerDotNet.PDB' -- 'Not enough memory resources are available to complete this operation. ' [C:\ProjectsV2\pharmatrakv1110localserver\output\pharmatrakv1110localserver.csproj]
I have:

• run a chkdsk ... no errors

• freed up disk space so now have 30gb+ ... no change

• restarted entire PC several times ... no change

• deleted the entire output directory and done fresh builds.... no change.

• compiled whilst watching task manager : no change in memory usage which stays constant around 1700 mb right up until crash

• installed 64bit asprunner (just in case I installed the 32bit by mistake which can cause issues apparently) on another machine..... building the same project causes the same error.

What does fix it is deleting a couple of views ( any will do) , then it compiles ok.
adding a couple of view back again, and same problem recurs.
So before I go off and buy a new computer with more memory (which doesnt really max sense because my current configurtaion of 8gb ram is not maxed out) is there a ceiling to how big asprunner projects can get?
Or is there a problem with my project somewhere. It seems to be fine except for this error.
At the moment I am being really careful with adding more views to my project, trying to keep the numbers down but not sure how long that will work for...
The forum has a few entries of our of memory, but none that seemed to help my problem.... does anyone have any ideas?
David

W
wshoapDevClub member 9/7/2023

On the Build tab, uncheck the box that deals with error logging. This should fix the issue. I ran into this same issue and I think it will be resolved when v11 comes out.

D
david powell author 9/7/2023

Thanks for that, I will give it a go.... would seem sensible as the error message does refer to debugging.....