This topic is locked

USing Calender with content as datepicker

7/21/2023 3:22:22 AM
Calendar Template general questions
M
Mark Donners author

IS there a way to use the calender template as datepicker on any of my forms?
I have a table and form to enter appointments and it has a date picker to select the date....can i use the calendar template as datepicker?
So when someone clickes the calendar icon next to the date field, the calenderview will pop up showing the actual calendar with all appointment in it.

fhumanes 7/22/2023

Hello Mark.
I am not using the calendar template, but I use the same JavaScript plugin as the template and I think what you ask is resolved in the example I just wrote in the forum: https://asprunner.com/forums/topic/29999-Guide-64--Using-the-FullCalendar-library
Greetings,
fernando

M
Mark Donners author 7/22/2023

That looks like it yes!
I will study that example...see if i can use it with the calender template ( as i already invested in that)
Thanks

M
Mark Donners author 7/22/2023

I downloaded your example project and run it.... getting an error on the datetimepicker....I'm guessing it needs to be installed. Downloaded that one too from your site but no idea how to install it.
img alt

M
Mark Donners author 7/26/2023

Been studing and trying your example.
two things i cannot figure out:

• how to change the calender to make time bases apointment. now it only shows date range.... How did you make it show the table with set appointments show up in the datepicker. I didn't find any documentation on this plugin. Is there any?
    I want to change it to simple setup ( maybe idea for adjusted plugin?)
    Datepicker that shows set appointment when i need to pick a date. These set apointments are in a table
    I can change color of the category per appointment...like holidays are red...activities are green.
    Basicaly, most of this is working in your example...to bad i can't figure out the details.
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mark

fhumanes 7/26/2023

Hello,
All the information of this library is in: https://fullcalendar.io/
To me, I do not find it comfortable to answer your specific questions in the forum, I prefer that your doubts transmit them to me in a message to my email account:
fernandohumanes@gmail.com
To work with this library, it is divided into work into 2 parts:
1/ The appearance of the calendar grid and the possible interations that can be made in it is defined.
2/ It is facilitated by Ajax, in a JSON file, the data that must be in the calendar. Every time it changes from month, period, etc., a request for "events" is executed to be reflected in the calendar.
Mainly, the programming to be done is PHP, although you have to search and configure the library that is JavaScript.
Greetings,
fernando