This topic is locked

Guide 53 - Improvement in Image Gallery

3/2/2023 2:42:04 PM
PHPRunner Tips and Tricks
fhumanes author

When I was doing the e-commerce solution , I already detected that the image processing solution that PHPRunner offers us is very good, but for APPs that show images of articles, it is not comfortable at all because it does not offer you a carousel of all the thumbnail images and you forces to show the photos in full page, losing at that moment the rest of the information of the article.
Aim
Provide PHPRunner with a solution to display a record's set of images in thumbnails, provide a carousel of all images, and maintain full screen image display functionality.
DEMO: https://fhumanes.com/lightSlider
Technical Solution
There are many solutions on the Internet for JQUERY plugins to display images, but not all of them are easy to integrate or fit the functionality that I was looking for as a complete PHPRunner.
I have been working with " Zoom Image ", I integrated it with PHPrunner, but due to different problems I found, it seemed to me that it was incomplete, so I have looked for another alternative.
I found " lightSlider ", I liked it and I have integrated it with PHPRunner and it seems to me that it better fulfills the objectives that I had.
The display aspect is:
img alt
Once the JQUERY plugins have been chosen and adjusted and tested (I have incorporated all the JavaScript and CSS files that the solution requires into the project), I have made the integration by defining:

• A Snippet to reference the style sheets. A Snippet to reference the JavaScript they require I have used "Custom Field" to make the presentation in LIST and VIEW.
    img alt
    If you are interested in this topic, keep reading the article at this link.

D
david22585 3/5/2023

Fernando, I absolutly love this and will be using this in my project over the existing image view as in PHPRunner.
Thanks for all the hard work you do!

C
cristi 3/6/2023

Great work!
It's much better than what it is now in PHPRunner (with the added functionality).
You're doing a great job popularizing this RAD tool and I can't thank you enough for the tutorials on your site - very useful. I used your customized reports in excel and word tutorials for my solutions and they work great!

fhumanes author 3/6/2023

¡¡ Thank you so much !!

P
pmuckleDevClub member 3/7/2023

That is very useful!
Thanks very much for your work