This topic is locked

PHPRunner 9.6 project on PHP7 (Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect)

11/8/2022 1:00:50 PM
PHPRunner General questions
D
dsaunier author

Hello,

I own and build projects build with PHPRunner 9.6, and recently saw them fail with a fatal PHP error

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect()

It seems to be linked to PHP 7.4 upgrades as our host provider rightfully needs to keep the servers secure.
For now I do not need the latest version of PHPRunner as I may get v11, however I need my existing tools to work with our hosting provider.
Has anybody faced this, any solution ?

Thanks.

admin 11/8/2022

The only solution is to rebuild your project using one of the latest versions of PHPRunner.

D
dsaunier author 11/8/2022

Hello,

I do not understand what this implies though, is there a renewal price or special case for this ? Like I said I do not need any other version than the one I need, just to have my existing tool work with PHP7.
I have been a client for years and paid many new full-price licences, I guess I cannot pay a full new soft I do not need for now ?
Thanks.

admin 11/8/2022

This means that version 9.6 of PHPRunner is too old. PHPRunner 9.6 was released in 2016, while PHP 7.4 was released in 2019, introduced some breaking changes and thus you cannot make it work with PHPRunner 9.6.