This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Impersonate user with AD and local database groups

10/31/2022 9:18:29 AM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
Pete K author

Before version 10.6, I was able to implement an impersonate user function by setting the appropriate session variables, uncluding critically "UserID" and "GroupID" but the group membership is apparently no longer stored in a session variable, so that no longer works. Also Security.loginAs does not work with AD. So I am struggling to figure out how to implement this inmportant feature that my users are used to having. I'm fine with using the security API in place of session variables, but with loginAs not an option, and having only "get" functions for UserGroups and UserName, I can see no way to implement this.

Any ideas? How does the ASPR framework store group membership in memory of not with session variables?

—Pete

admin 10/31/2022

We would need to have more info on this.

1. Why do you think Security.loginAs does not work with AD?
  2. We need to see the whole picture. What is your scenario of impersonating users manually?

Pete K author 10/31/2022

Apparently it does work with AD. The documentation states that is does not work with AD or Facebook authentication. I thought I had tested it with AD and found that it did not work, but just now I tried it again it appears to work. So, never mind. :) https://asprunner.com/forums/#

admin 10/31/2022

Thanks, we'll update the documentation.