This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

signature pad - image storage in blob?

10/12/2022 8:19:49 PM
ASPRunner.NET Tips and tricks
D
david powell author

Hi,

I am running two websites that need to share the same signature files which is I think not possible to do.

There is a forum topic about changing the plugin files in asprunner php to store the signature image in a blob field in a database, rather than as a physical file.
https://asprunner.com/forums/topic/26463-signaturepad-edit-to-store-in-database-blob

I have located the relevent files in asprunner.net - but am stuck as to how to proceed to change the storage location from a directory to a mysql database table.

Has anyone done this themselve successfully?

Many thanks

admin 10/13/2022

The latest version of ASPRunner.NET allows to store signatures in a binary field. See below.

img alt

D
david powell author 10/13/2022

Great!! Many thanks.

D
david powell author 10/15/2022

Sergey - thank you for storing signatures to blob.

recording and editing signatures works perfectly.

but displaying the blob as an image in a list or a view shows an icon rather than the image itself.

i have the field set to 'image' and tried all possible configurations I can think of.
The field int he mysql database is set to blob. (I have tried mediumblob as well).

At the moment my workaround is to have an 'edit' icon taking client to edit screen, but disabled all buttons apart from return to list, but it woud be nice to be able to display the image of the signature in a list view.

Is there a way to achieve this?