This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Signature pad documentation?

10/4/2022 7:59:55 PM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
D
david powell author

HI All,

I am a bit puzzled about how the signature pad image storage works.
The entry is linked to a text field which , when an image has been obtained looks like this:

"[{""name"":""files/hzjhkgjhf0e45g6.png"",""usrName"":""signature.png"",""size"":2940,""type"":""image/png"",""searchStr"":""signature.png:sStrEnd""}]"

Strangely I didnt have a directory called /files on my server, yet it still worked.

I have searched through the entire server for any files matching hzjhkgjhf0e45g and find none.

I am able to collect a signature in an edit form, and go back into that edit form and see the existing signature so it looks like it is all fundamentally working though I cant work out how!

But.... i cannot display the image as a field as part of a record in a list for. The field is automatically classified by asprunner as an image, but I am not sure where it i looking for the image!

Can anyone point me towards any documentation for this feature... I cant find anywhere via mr google....

Many thanks

admin 10/5/2022

Here is a link to documentation.

This is the standard way how ASPRunner.NET stores uploaded files info. The file is in the "files" folder, I'm afraid that your search process failed you.

Also in documentation you can see how you can store signatures in a different folder.

D
david powell author 10/5/2022

You are right - I have two websites sharing the same mysql tables, and i was hoping to access the signature taken in one on the other one (assuming they were stored as blobs in the table) but as they are physically stored with a reference that wont work!
Back to the drawing board.

Thanks for your help!