This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Build error: "Unknown context @TABLE"

8/12/2022 5:49:59 PM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
Pete K author

I'm posting this in case someone else encounters it. Might have just been a one-off but it had me worried for a while.

I was updating an older app (10.5) to 10.8 and switching from AD domain groups to AD with database groups. I've sucessfully done this with several other apps, but this time after changing all the settings, when I tried to build I got this error from the compiler: "Unknown context @TABLE". There was more but that's all I remember. I do recall that it referenced one of the ug tables used to store dynamic permissions, groups, and usergroups. So I tried deleting and recreating the tables and several other things but nothing I tried worked. I was panicing a little because I had also make a lot of other changes to the app and didn't want to have to start over with the update. At some point I tried switching to static permissions. After that, I was able to build sucessfully. So then I turned dynamic back on, and the error went away.

So in summary, what worked for me was to disable dyanamic permissions, rebuild, then re-enable dynamic.

—Pete

T
Tim 12/8/2022

You're the best Pete! Thanks for this. I got this error today and also started to panic. This tip saved me!

Thanks,
Tim