This topic is locked

Guide 38 – Changing the location of the search panel

6/9/2022 6:36:15 PM
PHPRunner Tips and Tricks
fhumanes author

Either because in other software the search field panel is above the records grid columns or simply because we want to make it easier for the user to search by table field values, the search panel will be displayed with other features that are not configurable directly through the PHPRunner IDE.

To show you how it works, I have taken the example of preparing an invoice that you can download if you want to do the same test.

img alt

At the design level, we had to make this small change:

img alt

The number of fields and the fields that we are going to use in the panel is defined in the fields and search configuration panel:

img alt

And on the LIST page, in the event: “ JavaScript onload event ” I have included this little code:

$(".controlsBlock").css("column-count","2"); // Number of search fields

$(".panel-primary" ).show(); // Show the search panel
$("#addSearchFieldButton1").hide(); // Hide the buttom the field selection button for searches
$("#searchPanelOptions1").hide(); // Hide the searches option button

This code must be entered and adjusted in those LIST pages that we want to have the behavior change.

I hope you like it and if you have any problems, write to my email: fernandohumanes@gmail.com

admin 6/9/2022

Isn't it the same as Making search panel horizontal article in our blog?

fhumanes author 6/10/2022

Hi @Sergey

I think they are 2 solutions on the same subject, but with different functionalities.

My solution is only for a page and yours is for all.

My solution shows the panel when loading the page and yours must be requested by the panel.

My solution eliminates a series of buttons (configuration of the search fields) and yours does not do this operation.

The truth is that I did not remember the article you have related to. Neither I remembered or the person who asked me the question and for whom I looked for this solution.

I think the information is scattered and is not easy to share with it. I usually search the forum and I leave without consulting these articles that you do to us.

In any way, when reference in the forum, together with my article, the developers will have 2 ways to do the "same thing" and decide which one is most useful.

Thank you very much for reminding me of this article and, above all, for reminding me that we must look in your blog, because the same there we have the solution we need.

Cheers,

fernando

admin 6/10/2022

Just to remind that you always need to Google. This forum is not the only resource available. If you Google "phprunner horizontal search panel" the very first search result will point you to correct article.