This topic is locked

PHPrunner Developer who might take over project support (if something happens to me)

5/14/2022 9:54:07 PM
PHPRunner General questions
C
ckranich authorDevClub member

Hi,

I am a small (One Man actually) company located in Vienna/Austria.
My customers are typically companies in the industrial production area.

From time to time questions popup like "Who would be able to support this, if a truck runs over you?",
"Whom can we address to do small adaptions then?"

I know that these are qustions, many one man companies are faced with...

=> Is there anybody out there (maybee prefereable in the european area, so that possible travels are within reach) -
And who is interrested in taking part of such a constellation (possibly vice-versa: "You are my backup and I am yours")
Some ideas around this:

• paid project introduction (the customer will have to pay for setting this up)
  • access to sourcecode and documentation (in which way, under what conditions)
  • base rates when taking over (remote/hour/day/travel)

I want to start discussion with anybody interrested in this topic.

Kind Greetings,

ckranich
admin 5/15/2022

Just in case wanted to point that we provide services like this and you can see our rates and all options at Xlinesoft support purchase page.

mbintex 5/16/2022

Perhaps we could create at least a D A CH user group of PHPRunner developers for exchange of experiences ...

Anybody out there?

www.intex-publishing.de

K
kohle 5/16/2022

Hallo,

wir sind auch eine kleine Personenfirma aus Deutschland, Nürnberg und haben einige Projekte unter phprunner bei Kunden laufen.
Bei Interesse können wir per Email kommunizieren.

Schöne Grüsse
J. Kohlenbach

C
ckranich authorDevClub member 5/16/2022

Dear mb,

Good Point.

I would be pleased to support this.
Also webspace could be provided (with Mediawiki, WP, Nextcloud, whatever, ..... TBD)
As long as I am not forced to create a facebook group :-))

DACH or Europe?
in the forum I find much input by fhumanes for example. I think he is is located in spain.

Ony of the discussion points in such a user group would be how to enhance the access to information.
Not to blame xlinesoft for the excellent documentation! And also the forum and the marketplace for
add-ons are great! Also Sergey has allways tried to respond and help. But maybe part of the problem
is to exactly describe what the problem is (and there maybee language difficulties arise, as english
is not my mother tongue; this is definitively a situation where a DACH UG might help )

But it happens from time to time, that I touch some limits (more my personal limits, mostly not the limits
of phprunner - I only do not spot how to implement this or that...)
Then I am desperately searching forum, google (which often bends back straight into forum).
Maybee a kind of meta link collection (that might point back to forum, blog, manual) might be helpful.
(I personally like the Wiki method of structuring information)
But this are typical discussion points for a UG allready :-)

Kind greetings,

ckranich
mbintex 5/16/2022

No need for Facebook on my side :-)

Europe or D A CH in my eyes would depend on how many we are. A usergroup of three is cosy, but wouldn´t help much I guess.

On the other hand to have a common language that we all speak naturally would help in discussing problems and solutions.

C
ckranich authorDevClub member 5/16/2022

Klar, Drei wären etwas wenig.
Habe mir erlaubt, ihnen mbintex und kohle eine email zu schicken, um die Diskussion auf eMailebene fortzuführen...
Ich bin neugierig, wie viele sich in diesem Bereich noch melden...

LG,

ckranich

@Admin: Sergey, just a hint, no disclosure: How many licenses did you sell over the years to AT, CH, DE? (10, 100, 1000s?)

admin 5/16/2022

If you guys create something for German-speaking users we'll be glad to share this info in our newsletter to attract more users from DACH region.

fhumanes 5/17/2022

Thanks @ckranich,

I only speak Spanish, I would very much like speaking English, German, etc., but it is not.

From my experience, the important thing to create a group is to be clear about the objectives and that all members respect it.

If you manage to be 4 or 5 companies/freelance, it would be phenomenal.

My cooperation model is different because I am retired and my only goal is to help users who start in Phprunner.

Greetings,
fernando

C
ckranich authorDevClub member 5/17/2022

Hola Dear Fernando,

When I asked the others if we really shall limit to DE, AT, CH I allready had in mind your deep knowledge, which I saw in many Forum posts.
Once upon a time I wanted to learn spanish language, but always having had to run from project to project killed that (beside leaving beautiful music in my music collection and a few bilingual books, most loved among them the poems by Juan Ramón Jiménez)

I started allready some discussion with mbintex of what the objectives could be, what kind of information might extend and not replace what allready exists.
Currently we are only 3. kohle has not yet answered back. Maybee we will have to extend the area to Europe(including maybee hungaria to romania) to
reach a minimum of 5-20 members....

Kind Greetings to Spain,

Christian