This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

ASPRunner Net deleted by TrendMicro AV

2/16/2022 8:59:17 AM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
E
erosolmi author

Ternd Micro Enterprise Edition continues to remove asprunnernetb.exe considering a virus with reason "Unautorized file encryption"

S
SwissCharles 2/16/2022

Not that I can be of much help, except to confirm the problem as well.
Right from the start I had spurious problems (landing page would not 'take', dashboard would not appear, settings would not 'stick', etc..).

Just by chance did I go to my security app (F-Secure) and checked the quarantine - et voilĂ , there was a regular PHPRunner file (don't remember which one, as I cleared the quarantine and put the whole directory of xampp\htdocs on the white list. And ever since, all is well!

Just for your ionfo and HTH

Charles

admin 2/16/2022

Yes, you need to add an exception for ASPRunner.NET or PHPRunner.

It would also help to contact TrendMicro directly though I doubt they would listen.

E
erosolmi author 2/17/2022

I cannot put into white list, I will ask my IT security collegues, our policies are centralized.
Usually Trend listen to us, I will ask IT to open a ticket.

Also node.exe is blocked during installing of AspRunner Net 10.7 64b Ent edition

admin 2/17/2022

The same thing, NodeJS is wildly popular development web server which ASPRunnner.NET uses to generate pages. TrendMicro just being silly blocking NodeJS.

E
erosolmi author 2/18/2022

Put into white list full ASP Runner Net path
Now all is ok.

E
erosolmi author 3/22/2022

After 1 week having submitted problem to TrendMicro:

Thank you for consulting TrendLabs.
We have analyzed the following file that you submitted and verified it to be non-malicious:
AspRunnerNetb.exe (0d382a1af80c951c94d9ab76b4b8ed36323deb2d)
This file has been falsely blocked by behavior monitoring for unauthorized file encryption.