This topic is locked

Project manager (updated)

2/3/2022 8:10:53 PM
PHPRunner Tips and Tricks
fhumanes author

img alt
Project manager in PHPrunner vs. DotProject / Web2Project

It is very common to require project management (projects and tasks) in many activities of a company.

The first impression may be that it is required for the management of IT projects, but it is not only for that, but it is also required for the control of Plans (systems, strategic, etc.) that normally have Measures and that these Measures have. Execution projects.

Also, others pretend that they are tools that replace tools like MS Project. This is not the case, these tools are used to coordinate and control many projects, but not the details of the projects.

When I have used solutions of this type (DotProject and Web2Project, open source products developed in PHP and MySQL) the details of the projects have always been complemented with their detailed monitoring in MS Project.

Also, when I have worked on the execution and follow-up of the plans, an important part was the follow-up of the projects, but other very important ones were:

• Inventory of Measures/Actions with all their group attributes.
  • Reports and monitoring dashboards.
  • Tracking summary for company management.
  • Etc.

With this I want to point out that if you used, for example, Web2Project, you had to integrate your data with another application that handled the rest of the data and all the reports and dashboards.

What I have wanted is to have a project management solution that could grow and adapt the rest of the data that is required in the Plans and this is quite simple using PHPRunner, for what is required is the basic functionality of project management. projects, namely:

• The basic entities are Companies, Departments, Projects, and Tasks.
  • The tasks are planned according to the work calendar (excluding weekends and holidays) or calendar days.
  • In the tasks it must be possible to define a hierarchy between them (task grouping).
  • Dependencies can be defined between the tasks and the start date can be recalculated if the task on which it depends is delayed (critical path).

Another very important aspect is security, so that:

• Access to projects can be configured according to:
    • Public (all users will be able to access)
    • Company (only users of the project company will be able to access).
    • Department (only users from the project department can access)
    • Owner (only the owner of the project can access)
    • Project owner and task owners (Only these users will be able to access)

• Access to tasks can be configured according to:
    • Public (all users will be able to access)
    • Company (only users of the project company will be able to access).
    • Department (only users from the project department can access)
    • Owner (only the owner of the project can access)
    • Project owner and task owners (Only these users will be able to access)

This security management has been carried out by defining a logic different from that normally used in PHPrunner developments and complementary to them.

For the visual support of the information, the JSGANTT and FULLCALENDAR javascript library has been included.

The plugins have been used (downloadable for free from my portal):

**Colors** .- For selection and visualization of colors.
**BootstrapDataPicker** .- Calendar for holidays

DEMO: https://fhumanes.com/project

The example has been developed in English and Spanish and has been based on the web2Project data model, for the definition of the attributes of "projects" and "tasks".

fhumanes author 2/3/2022

img alt

img alt

img alt

All information and sources on my portal.

J
jacktonghkDevClub member 3/13/2022

Hi Fhumanes,

May I know what is the user ID and password to login your demo? Thank you!!

Best regards,
Jack Tong

aadham 3/13/2022

@jacktonghk
It's admin/admin.

A
alfonsoDevClub member 3/13/2022

Parece muy interesante. Lo miraré con detenimiento.

A
alfonsoDevClub member 3/13/2022

Y en español mejor, je je

J
jacktonghkDevClub member 3/13/2022

Thank you!!

J
jacktonghkDevClub member 3/30/2022

Hi fhumanes,

Where should I unzip the plugins? Thank you.

Jack Tong

J
jacktonghkDevClub member 3/30/2022

Hi fhumanes,

I unzipped the BootstrapDataPicker plugin to the right place and it works fine. However, it seems that I am still missing the Colors plugin because somehow it shows the following error. Where can I download the plugin, I did not find it in your portal. Thank you.

Jack Tong

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'ViewColors' not found in C:\xampp\htdocs\project2\include\phpfunctions.php:2663

fhumanes author 3/30/2022

Hello,

All plugins you use in the examples are available on my portal, totally free.

Greetings,
fernando

https://fhumanes.com/blog/guias-desarrollo/plugines-de-phprunner/

J
jacktonghkDevClub member 3/31/2022

Dear Fhumanes,

I am sorry that I stil cannot find the Colors plug-in. Does it come with PHPRunner 10.7? Please kindly advise. Thank you.

Jack

fhumanes author 3/31/2022

Hello @jacktonghk,

I do not like to use the forum to solve specific problems and particular cases, the examples that I publish.

Always, you provide my email for doubts, problems or what you need at a personal level. It is the way to have the clear information in the forum.
Email: fernandohumanes@gmail.com.

The information where the plugins are I think is informed.

Greetings,

fernando

J
jacktonghkDevClub member 4/3/2022

Hi fhumanes,

I understand that and finally I solved the issue by resetting the editfield properties. I ported to MS SQL Server and it runs fine. It is a very good start for me to customse for my needs. Thank you!!

Best
Jack

fhumanes author 8/25/2022

@jacktonghk, I'm very happy that you have been able to integrate it into another database manager

Cheers,
fernando

M
muammer 8/26/2022

hello dear fernando
We enjoy following your work. You deserve appreciation and thanks. Thanks to you, we learn what can be done with phprunner.
thank you very much.