This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Reload of details list inside master add/edit page

1/24/2022 10:01:11 AM
PHPRunner Tips and Tricks
T
telematics author

I have inside an Add/Edit page of a master table the list of the detail page. With field events of some master fields I insert predefined records into details data, this works.
how is it possible, to update now the details list inside this add/edit page?

I tried already the methods from here: https://xlinesoft.com/phprunner/docs/how_to_reload_a_page.htm

partly it works, but this does not work, when no entries in the detail table are available before: PageObj of the detail is undefined.

any ideas?

admin 1/24/2022

You can do this from Javascript events.

Step 1. Get the details page object. getDetailsPage()

Step 2. Use the following to reload the page:
detailsPage.reload( {} );

T
telematics author 1/25/2022

hi, thank you for the reply.

as I described before, when no details are shown initially, the getDetailsPage() dont gives me a PageObj. so I cannot reload it to see the new inserted details records.

there should be any kind of method available, that the details list table can be shown on the master page even when it is empty. just the header with the title, no entries in the table.

do you know this?

regards

T
telematics author 1/25/2022

ups,

I just found the problem myself: before, I deactivated all (inline-) add and edit checkboxes in the corresponding "Pages" settings of the details table. without them, the table is removed when no details are available.

Now, I activated the "Inline add" checkbox and get always a table with at least the header. so I get a PageObj which I can reload.

thank you!