This topic is locked

How to show selected data in dashboard

11/1/2021 10:37:58 PM
PHPRunner General questions
S
secs author

Hi all.

Not sure if this question should be a general one or a tips one but here goes.

I am using a dashboard with the top half being a map and the lower half being the table. I have 4 types of data in this table. Grass, Bush, Winddirection and Tempreture.

IS there a way I can offer the end viewer the option of displaying say tempreture only, or bush and grass. I know it would be a multi select but not sure if its possible and if so, how to achieve it. The map is exactly what we were looking for and it works great.

And the second question but a little less important. I know I can put a grid up beside the map and as the user selects an icon in the map or a row in the table the grid shows the full info for that record. IS there an option to not show certain fileds and perhaps change the grids layout?

Many thanks to all

admin 11/2/2021

It sounds like that you are looking for a Filter feature. You can limit data to a single selection or you can use multiple selection. More info is in the manual:
https://xlinesoft.com/phprunner/docs/filter_as_settings.htm

S
secs author 11/2/2021

And you can do this for a dashboard?

admin 11/3/2021

In dashboard you can use the search and there are multiple options available there.

But if you only need to display a map and a grid with data you can start with a regular List page, add a map there and enable filters.

S
secs author 11/4/2021

Thanks for that. Yes making the new lits page seems the way to go. It gives the required filter options using check boxes. But there are things that the dashboard does that works well and if possible I would like to add to the standard page. I will have to look through the forums but

Would like to limit the grid to waht can be seen in the map
Update the records every minute or so - I have another list somewhere in the system that updates when recors are added so maybe I can do this

and the feature where the icon jumps when you hit the resective grid row or the row highligyhts when you hit the icon. It may be that I use both pages but I will continue to scour the forum and see what I can find

S
secs author 11/6/2021

Ok so far pretty good. I installed a filter panel and have searched the forum I think and cant find an answer but may have missed it. I have the filter panel working on one field. However it only shows options of tthe data that is in the table at the time. What I mean is there are a set number of option/data that can apear in that field. option1, option2, option3 and if at that time all 3 are in the table it gives me the option to filter for any or all. But if the data is deleted and there is no option3 as an example the filter panel will only show options 1 and option 2.

Can I get the filter panel to display all possible options even if the table contains none at the time I hav added a photo to illistrate. The pager info is only present for 15 minuts so whilst it is there, you have an option to include pager in the filter table. I would like that option there as I have the page refresshing every minute. So when it deletes the older pager message I would like the option to have it selected so that when the page refreshes and there is new messages, it will again show. All the data can be deleted but using pager as an example
img alt
?