This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

10.6 login problems

9/24/2021 7:51:53 PM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
T
Tim author

Hi all,

I am having some difficulties with 10.6 build 37815 (current version as of now). When I open a project that was created in a previous version and was setup to not require login, and then try and setup AD authentication and IIS auto login, the published app presents me with a login page. The login does work, so the AD autentication seems to work ok, but not the auto login. If the older project had been setup with AD and auto login, the 10.6 version seems to work fine.

On the project that doesn't auto login, I set it back to "None - No Login" but it is still brings me to the login page. I deleted all files in the directory on the web server, did a full build and choose to upload all files and it still presents me with login page. At the moment, this is my biggest problem. I need to set this app back to no login. I tried turning AD back on and using the "remove" button (as opposed to just ticking the "None" tab) and this removed the Active Directory tab, but the published app still asks for a login.

How do I revert back to no login?

Thanks,
Tim

aadham 9/24/2021

Hi Tim,

You'll need to access the admin area of the application and grant access rights to user groups such as Guests or Default before disabling/removing the login page.
You might also have to specify your desired landing page.

Good luck!

T
Tim author 9/27/2021

Thanks for the response, but I'm confused by this advice. The project had been setup with AD authentication and dynamic permissions. If I turn this back on I can login again and access the admin pages, but, because I'm using AD, I can only add groups from my AD, and I don't have Guests or Default groups.

Can you step me through what you're saying I need to do?

Thanks,
Tim

Pete K 9/28/2021

Tim, I reported a similar issue to support and in response they just released build 37919, which solves the issue of certain steps not completing properly when setting up AD authentication. I suggest you download the latest build and see if your issue is also solved.

T
Tim author 9/28/2021

Thanks Pete. Yeah, I saw your post (and followed the twists and turns like Stephen King novel!) and suspected my issue was somehow related. I thought I'd through this in the mix, though, so they were aware that it might be more than your specific issue. And, as always, they came through and the latest release did indeed fix my problem too.

Thanks,
Tim

Pete K 9/28/2021

Great!