This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

AfterSuccessfulLogin event no longer runs if using automatic login?

9/14/2021 12:40:12 PM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
Pete K author

In version 6, it appears that the AfterSuccessfulLogin() event is no longer being called when using the "Login automatically" option and setting IIS to use only Windows authentication. In older versions, it did run in that scenario.

Can anyone conrirm this? I hope this is an oversight and not intentional.

T
Tim 9/28/2021

Hey Pete,

Do you know if this was fixed in the latest build? I use that event on every project and I also have autentication setup like you do. I was going to test this myself, but it seems the latest build, which fixed your issue with using database groups in conjunctoin with AD authentication, is ONLY allowing me to add database groups now - I can no longer search AD and add groups from there. At least not on the project I'm testing with.

Thanks,
Tim

Pete K author 9/29/2021

Tim, is this a project you started with the latest build, or was it started in an earlier one? Becuase part of the issue had to do with the old version skipping part of the AD setup. It probably won't work unless you start with a new project. I have no had a chance to deploy a 10.6 project to a production server yet, so I'm not sure if the auto login issue is resolved. I can never use it on my dev machine.

Pete K author 9/29/2021

[Edit] I was mistaken. It does not run. I'm going to report this to support.

Tim, I can verify that the AfterSuccessfulLogin does run in 10.6 build 37919. ☺

Pete K author 10/5/2021

Update: I reported this and it has been fixed in the latest build (37967). Thanks again to the support and development folks for quickly fixing this.