This topic is locked

If you ever can't build your application...

9/12/2021 8:41:00 PM
PHPRunner Tips and Tricks
A
AlphaBase author

Just in case anyone else experiences this problem:

The last several days I spent untold hours trying to build/compile my main PHPR applicationn in ver. 10.6. I updated to 10.6 a little over a week ago. At first everything seemed to work okay. I was able to compile and publish my app. But then a few days ago it would get about 95% of the way through the compilation and then hang. I was unable to cancel or get out of it. I was unable to publish anything. I would have to use task Manager to kill Runner. I tried dozens of things and wasted an incredible amount of time. Anyway, yesterday I finally had success. The problem was Acronis and Malwarebytes. I had to add 10.6 to the list of exclusions for both pieces of software (as I had done for 10.4 and 10.5, but forgot). Once I did that, I was back in business. Why it worked the first few days after I installed 10.6 I don't know. But somewhere along the line the Malware software suddenly no longer trusted PHPRunner.

So if you run into this problem, check your exclusions in your anti-virus software.

jadachDevClub member 9/13/2021

I had a problem with Malwarebytes as well. I contacted support and they said the next update would correct the false positive.