This topic is locked

Case Sensitivity Ajax Popup

9/10/2021 1:40:45 PM
PHPRunner General questions
J
JoeB7774 author

I have a field that uses the Lookup Wizard to create an Edit Box with Ajax Popup. I have added $ajaxSearchStartsWith = false; to AfterAppInit and that works great to make sure I can search on any text. The problem is that the search functionality is case sensitive and I'm not sure how to turn that off. For example, if I type 'computer' but the only record with that word has a capital 'C' (Computer), the search box won't return any result. Any idea why this might be happening? Also, when I enter something in the box that is not in the list, the box turns red (which is great). Is there any way to put a little message above/below the box which would provide an error message (say 'Not in List')?

Thanks for any help or ideas.

Dalkeith 9/10/2021

Hi Joe Case Sensitivity is usually governed by collation configuation on the database. So you might want to look at the table and column that is being looked up by the edit box and determine whether either the table or the column configuration is for case sensitivity.

I had that problem with a SQL Server database where case sensitivity was switched on and I really wanted to switch it off.
Case Sensitivity and SQL Server

and here is information about the same thing for MySQL
MySQL StackOverflow on Case Sensitivity and searching