This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Security connection issue on windows azure with phprunner and asp runner dot net.

9/6/2021 6:00:41 PM
PHPRunner General questions
Dalkeith author

Hi All this is one that is affecting both my asp.net and phprunner applications.

I am hosting on MS Azure and there seems to have been an update to Google that is blocking connection to my web applications.

I am getting the following message

This site can’t provide a secure connection

sitename uses an unsupported protocol

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Any one have any ideas

Dalkeith author 9/6/2021

OK found the issue absolutely nothing to do with PHPRunner or any kind of browser update.

My Internet Service Provider seems to have suddenly decided to quarantine all subdomains of Microsoft's azurewebsite.net to my property..

My provider is British Telecommunications and I have a BT Hub full fibre installed if it helps anyone in the future...

ODD but now I know the problem I can seek an appropriate solution. Not sure maybe it doesn't like me uploading and downloading frequently / maybe database glitch in their backend DNS. Was in contact with them and they indicated they didn't consider there to be a problem.

Suspect its something to do with the amount of times I connect to the the servers and my pattern of use triggering a security algorithm somewhere.

Options are
1)Reset Hub
2)Buy custom domain and attach to azurewebsites domain
3)Subscribe to a VPN

Only affects getting to the final application via a browser window can still connect through the IDE to db backend and build and display a test app locally haven't tested publication yet.