This topic is locked

Different labels for different pages

9/3/2021 12:48:23 PM
Suggestions
Pete K author

This is something that comes up frequently for me. I have a need to display different field labels on add/edit pages versus list or export pages. For most pages, I can accomplish this by separating the labels in the designer and inserting my own html labels. It's time-consuming, but it works. So far, I haven't figured out how to do that with export pages (there is no option in the designer to change the form type for export pages), so I wind up making a whole new custom view table just to handle the export.

All this could be elegantly solved by giving us the ability to optionally define labels for each page type for a given table. This could work much like the existing ability to optionally set different field properties for add/edit/export pages.

Thanks for considering this.

aadham 9/3/2021

Hi Peter
I hope this is what you're looking for.

Pete K author 9/3/2021

Thanks! I don't know how I overlooked that in the past. I see it can be used on export pages as well as the others. Sweet!

I sitll think it would be cleaner to do it all with the label editor, especially with multiple languages. The code could get quite messy in that case. But for now, this will solve my immediate problem.