This topic is locked

Amazon S3 and V10.6

8/21/2021 11:20:10 PM
PHPRunner General questions
A
asawyer13 authorDevClub member

I have a need to upload and download from an Amazon S3 bucket in my app.

Does V10.6 support this now? I know it was discussed that it was going to support it, but I would like to switch to a Linux server rather that having to use something like a Windows server with TNTDrive or something like that if V10.6 will allow the use of S3.

Thanks
Alan

HJB 8/22/2021

Simple PHP code to push files to AWS S3

Tutorial: Install a LAMP web server on Amazon Linux 2

First, I'm NOT familiar with the numerous Amazon products at all, so, my understanding by the name "bucket", the S3 is nothing less or more
than a cloud space where you can upload and download files while running e.g. dynamic PHP web application to run under a LAMP web server
is something else and so, I understand the second URL to provide assistance (not under a "bucket").

Finally, the question whether or not PHPRunner v10.6 meanwhile supports is simply wrong. PHPRunner generates PHP code based web applications
and any web server supporting PHP plus MySQL, MariaDB, MS SQL etc pp would make the generated code to run.

Hence the correct question reads: How do I configure a LAMP server under Amazon's structures to be able to get PHPRunner code up and running.

P.S. Deploy Containerized Application on AWS in Minutes with Lightsail

From the above tutorial I understand that to simply install a LAMP webserver is to call a ready-made DOCKER image by means of a mouse-click.
Service is called "Amazon Lightsail" and seems to be simpliest way to go and to run a Linux Webserver to get PHPRunner code up and running.

A
acpan 8/22/2021

PHPRunner 10.6 Blog

@Alan, I too am interested to know, i am using DigitalOcean Spaces, a compatible S3 cloud storage.

PHP8 is a major leapfrog from PHP7.4, i guess the PHPR developer team has many things on the plate to perfect the dish for us, with so much to offer in this release. Let's just wait for the good news :)

A
asawyer13 authorDevClub member 8/22/2021

Until it's ready I'll stick with WIndows and TNTDrive. It will mean I need to purchase another TNTDrive license but that's not too bad, plus I have to keep a Windows server which I really would prefer to not have to do, but at least I can go forward for now until S3 support is ready. I might eventually switch to Wassabi so hopefully that will be an option in the future also.

Alan