This topic is locked

"Cosmo" Bootstrap theme "All Fields" search box text not visible

8/17/2021 7:11:10 PM
PHPRunner General questions
A
AlphaBase author

Attached is an image of a grid using the "Cosmo" Bootstrap theme. The "All Fields" search box does not display the text. It's basically invisible. In the attached image, the search word "Test" is typed in. Can you see it? I can't. How can I change the CSS to make the text be visible. Either by making the text white or the text black and the search field background to white? I tried and failed.

img alt

HJB 8/17/2021

COSMO theme owns WHITE background by default (just tested at my end...), anyway,
proceed to DESIGNER and click on "simple-search" button, thereafter DOUBLE-CLICK
while the cursor is INSIDE the e.g. "background" or "text color" entry field to later choose
the wished colour by mouse click from an appearing color pad.

P.S. Make sure that the background color field does NOT contain "transparent" (use the
"clear icon" on the right to do so), thereafter, the original WHITE background reappears.

img alt

A
AlphaBase author 8/19/2021

Thanks HJB. That helps slightly but doesn't really solve it. If I slect the field I can at least see the text now, but it still is not right by a long shot. Any other ideas out there?

The search term "yankee" is typed in - can you see it? I can't.

img alt

If I click the cursor on the field I can now see the word, but it is faint and not really acceptable.

img alt

These are the settings:

img alt

HJB 8/19/2021

... I see, so, remove the #ffffff in the "background" field
as to get back to the default settings, say, COSMO by default
does NOT have any entries in both,"background" and "text color".
At my end, the individual COSMO settings work fine ..., and I
think, as you earlier mentioned to have gambled with CSS that
something is fishy due to some trouble-causing CSS code left
somewhere, making the PHPRunner settings to behave weird.

A
AlphaBase author 8/20/2021

I did try removing the values - to no avail. There was one custom CSS setting I had put in. Removing that doesn't help either. I'll try playing around with it some more this weekend to see if I can get something to work.

Thanks