This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Enable/disable grid checkbox option

8/16/2021 4:42:21 PM
PHPRunner General questions
A
AlphaBase author

So some of my grids have checkboxes and some grids don't. And I can't figure out (or remember) where you enable (or not) this option?

HJB 8/16/2021

Not sure, I got you right, say, I understand you have suppressed some checkboxes on some pages
and now you need to unlock them, right? Apart of "display" options (on desktop or only on mobile pages
or always) there is NO such thing like Disable/Enable option at all, so, I'm assuming, you either look for
a Show/Hide code to get implemented, hence the screenshot below for inspiration purposes only.

img alt

A
AlphaBase author 8/16/2021

Hhmm..

That's really weird. I have several grids w/o the checkboxes but I never did what you are showing.
So I wonder how they disappeared?

At least I'm not losing my mind over some non-existant option. But nonetheless, it is a mystery.

Thanks HJB

HJB 8/16/2021

I had been just gambling a little bit with DESIGNER > LIST PAGE > OPTIONS > LIST
and found that once "Allow show/hide fields on page" is activated, the field format
changed from CHECKBOX to TEXT, so, verify your field format of your CHECKBOX
to be still intact or if it changed to TEXT ..., causing the disapperance ...

img alt

A

HJB,

I wonder if we are talking about the same thing? I mean the Grid checkboxes, not a field checkbox.

See images below...

img alt

Here's an example with no checkboxes...

img alt

admin 8/16/2021

These checkboxes will apepar if you enable one of features that requires them i.e. Delete, Inline Edit, Update Selected record, Export selected records etc.

If you don't have anyof these features enabled then there ill be no checkboxes.

A

Okay, I had a sneaking suspicion that might be the case.

Thanks, Sergey.