This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Header Element Forward

8/10/2021 5:18:43 PM
General Tips and Tricks
D
DRCR Dev author

Hi

Has anyone worked out how to bring the username collapse box element forward in the chat script?

It's sitting behind the main chat window body

img alt

The rest of the site is fine and the box would pop over the page underneath

img alt

I've been through all the CSS and I cant work out which line is causing the collapse box to fall behind the chat window.

Any advice would be appreciated.

-Cec

admin 8/11/2021

This is not happening in our chat project:
img alt

D
DRCR Dev author 8/11/2021

I bought the old chat. I'll try the base code again.

D

I reset the CSS back to the original and I get the same issue with Sandstone template and I tried the default as well.

I considered the issue may lay somewhere in the mobile VS desktop layout because the old chat when testing in Chrome and making the screen smaller, the header turns into a skinny version. This is unique to the chat_history page and doesn't happen on any other page. I don't understand how desktop and mobile is segregated so I was unable to work out why it was happening.

Is the new chat still in beta? My project is too far gone to upgrade the script, but the updated CSS may solve the issue.

D

PS when I start the next version of my project I'll look at upgrading. I have 9 screeming puppies in my office and I cant see myself doing any heavy programming work for a month after this project is launched.