This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Email Field Phprunner 10.5

7/23/2021 8:07:31 PM
PHPRunner General questions
D
DRCR Dev author

Hi

Is the email field required for the login to work?

The registration and passwords section asks me to name the email field. I want my site to be annonomous and if people provide an email it's only if they want certain features.

If I select "nothing", it defaults back to the email field.

I'm not sure if I should move the email parameter to another table to resolve this. Any advice is appreciated.

-Cec

HJB 7/23/2021

User group permissions

I recommend to use DYNAMIC USER PERMISSIONS to be able to login as ADMIN to manually
enter anything else than the e-mail address for new users login credentials provision from your end
under wished anonymous terms (= no e-mail address entry under "Username").

You may want to encrypt the password, yet going this way (outside the typical registration) your
manually entered password for the new user is NOT encrypted (bcrypted) at all.

Manual Password Hashing

Follow the instruction as per URL content above to get the encryption done for you by event code
while it is recommended to use BCRYPT rather than MD5 method.

P.S. The by default shipped registration page process under PHPRunner assumes that later on,
after successful registration by the new user, same would as well make use of features like lost
password or change password, using the e-mail address for the exchange between the web
appliance and the user. Accordingly, if you manually create login credentials, you override such
by default shipped registration process and so, things like change password or lost password
cannot be made available for the user any longer.

D
DRCR Dev author 7/23/2021

Thank you. This is extreemly helpful and solved several issues I'm currently troubleshooting.
-Cec