This topic is locked

Database not connecting and Login Issue

7/1/2021 8:55:48 PM
PHPRunner General questions
H
horsey_kim author

I recently upgraded from 9.8 to 10.5.

I made a copy of my project - rebuild and uploaded a project in same directory on the server - results login screen would not recoginze me
--- Went in and made sure that permissions were set correctly - rebuild and uploaded all files - results are still the same. I even verified that the user info was correct in the database

So then I created a new directory - copy my project - changed the uploading directory, run build and uploaded to new directory - this time no login screen

So then I deleted files from the new directory - made sure that permissions were set correctly - rebuild and upload all files - result the login screen show this time.
-- however I put in the user and login and it looked like it went, but just returns me to the login screen with no message.

Completely frustrated I have abandon my previous project and created a new project that will use the same database
However - now I can not even connect with the database - I get Error connecting to the database
-- I made sure the user and pass are correct for the localhost connection. I made sure the phprunner file was uploaded to the correct directory. I am completely starting from scratch so I am not sure why it is not connecting.

Any ideas for me to try to make this work?

Kim

H
horsey_kim author 7/1/2021

Okay I finally got the database connected - I forgot to run the phprunner.php file on the server before trying to connect to the database for the new project. I just wish that when I ran the old project that it worked, in the past it always has.

Oh well, I will just start over.

Kim

admin 7/2/2021

If you upload your project to Demo Account and contact support directly - we can take a look at the login issue.

H
horsey_kim author 7/3/2021

Thank You, but I did not pay for support, just the upgrade, as I am on a limited budget.

I have deleted everything assocated on my server with phprunner. I created a new testing project with two tables. I set permissions, build and upload - results are the same with login. If you do the wrong login you get error. If you do the correct login, you see it processing and then returns you to login screen. I can never get pass login screen to the menu page.

I did this a half a dozen times over and over with the same results.

I then decided to run the test project with no login permissions. It allowed me to the menu screen, with no login. So I feel I have narrowed it down to a login issue.

I then uploaded to demo account and it works with login. So I took the same project - stipped off all files and directory off server and made sure connection to database worked, permissions set for simple login (database) and rebuild and load - Failed again.

Very frustrated that I have spent 2 days trying to get the login to work. Has anyone else had this issues? If so advice for me to try.

I don't expect support to jump in there and fix it for me, as I did not pay for support. Any advice would be appreciated.
Kim

H
horsey_kim author 7/4/2021

I should probably add that I even tried it with hardcode login and not using the database - same result shows login, once you login correctly it just process and sends you back to the login screen.

I also have Wordpress on my site in a different directory, maybe that is causing issue? Anyone have that type of thing?

Kim

H
horsey_kim author 7/6/2021

Other things I tried besides what is listed above that failed:

1. Created a subdirectory on the hosting account under the domain I wanted to use it - phprunner project failed to allow me past the login screen.
  2. Created a new directory on the hosting account under the project domain - it failed.
  3. Cleared cookies in my browser to see if that was the issue - failed
  4. Tried different browsers - failed
  5. Tried different computers and devices - all of them failed
  6. Made sure connection was good, landing page was good, rebuilded and loaded - failed
  7. Investigated htaccess rules from wordpress and created a new htaccess record for the project directory - failed

Alternative I had to use in order to use my project that worked:
Installed project to a different hosting for a different domain name on the same server and it works. My conclusion is that there must be an issue with it being used with the same domain name as wordpress.

What I plan on trying next - park a domain name on the project directory and see if it will allow it to work.

If anyone is having similar issues, please share what worked for you. I hope this is helpful for anyone else having this issue.

admin 7/6/2021

I'm stumped. We have offered the help, right?

A
acpan 7/7/2021

Seems you've tried all, you should contact the support via the account and open a ticket. The upgrade also generously comes with silver support of 1 year.