This topic is locked
[SOLVED] Table edit and add working, list returns an error 4/16/2021
ASPRunner.NET General questions
A
Alan Coleman

Hello everyone

This is a bit of an odd error that I haven't seen before, although it's a fairly standard .NET Error.

This part of my .NET Runner application has always worked fine, I don't know why this error is now being returned.

Here is my database table, note that I can see that the database table hasn't changed in my version control:

img alt

In .NET Runner the Edit and Add view work fine, List view returns the following error:

> Server Error in '/' Application.
> Conversion failed when converting the nvarchar value 'Microsoft Trainingsgutscheine ' to data type int.
> Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
>
> Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Conversion failed when converting the nvarchar value 'Microsoft Trainingsgutscheine ' to data type int.
>
> Source Error:
>
> An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
>
> Stack Trace:
>
>
> [SqlException (0x80131904): Conversion failed when converting the nvarchar value 'Microsoft Trainingsgutscheine ' to data type int.]

Note that there is an attempt to convert an nvarchar into an int, which seems a little odd.

This is what I've tried:

  1. Resyncing the database
  2. Removing the table and adding back in after rebuild
  3. Removing List view and adding back in after rebuild

Any ideas would be appreciated.

FrankR_ENTA 4/16/2021

Do you have any Event code, or is this purely what Runner generated?

When you look at Fields and Properties of that field, what's there?

admin 4/16/2021

Show us "View as" and "Edit as" properties of this field.

A
Alan Coleman 4/19/2021

Many thanks for replying.

I think that this is the information you're looking for.

I hadn't considered removing this field from the build in an attempt to isolate the issue, I'll give that a go now.

Thanks again.

img alt

img alt

A
Alan Coleman 4/19/2021

I've also checked the schema in my database, which remains unchanged and looks as though is being interpretted correctly by Runner.

img alt

img alt

A
Alan Coleman 4/19/2021

I removed the table from the build completely, deployed a release, before adding it back in.

This sorted out the issue. To be fair I should have tried this initially.

Thanks again for your help.