Advanced Security Settings not working for second ID field

4/13/2021 2:30:02 PM
PHPRunner General questions
E
ER1CMURPHY author

Version 10.5
Build: 36929 X-64

Greetings.
I'm having an issue I cannot get through. I have a fairly simple database. Really three main tables, Users, Business and Documents.
A level 1 user (analyst) enters a business with all info, then proceeds to the Documents form where they enter financial documents. I connect user to business with "AnalystID" in the Business table

A level 2 user (affiliate) can request, and be assigned, a business submitted by a level 1 user (analyst). I connect level 2 user (affiliate) to business with "AssigneeID" in the business table. This way the business submission still BELONGS to level 1 user (analyst), but is being "worked" by level 2 user (affiliate). AnalystID and AffiliateID table fields are both INT in the mySQL database.

I'm having problems seeing businesses ONLY assigned to 1 affiliate. every page where security is set to User=ID to Submission=AssigneeID where user can only see and edit own info is broken. I see everything within that view's query. For instance, in the "Businesses Requested" view, I query for Status = Requested. The page does show only the "Requested" submissions, but I see all users who have requested submissions. Security just isn't filtering on UserID and AsigneeID. I have tried everything. Relations in Tables, Key Id's in Pages, no relations, no keys. AnalystID and AssigneeID are not greyed out in Security settings so I know they are connectable.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Eric Murphy

E
ER1CMURPHY author 4/13/2021

One more thing..

On the Analyst login, I have three views of the Business table. One for submissions entered by the Analyst, one for businesses owned by the analyst but are assigned to Affiliates, and one of businesses with a status of closed. All handled through queries of data in the three views. Only the Analyst's own submissions and the assigned submissions are being filtered by the advanced security settings. "Closed" shows all closed "cases," not just the Analyst's businesses.

Thanks again,
Eric