This topic is locked

Multiple selection of fields in Lookup wizard

4/12/2021 5:41:23 AM
PHPRunner General questions
J
jianwong author

In the lookup wizard the Display field only can select one field. If I want to be able to select multiple fields from the table on lookup, how do I go about achieving it?

I selected options for List page with search and Allow multiple selection in the Lookup. Link field is 'cust_name'. In Display field, I can only select one field. When the List page of table open, I want to be able to select multiple fields, namely 'email1', 'email2' or 'email3'. Understand it may be achievable with custom expression in Display field, but I just can't make it. Can anyone share the sample syntax? Or any other method to achieve this?

Thanks.

admin 4/12/2021

Use 'Cusom expression' option, it comes with examples for different databases. In MySQL use concat() function for this purpose.

More info in the manual

J
jianwong author 4/14/2021

Yes, I noted the sample in custom expression. However, with concat function it joints string of all values to become one selection. What I wish to achieve is of the 3 columns that contain email address, I can select either one, or all three individully and have them displayed in the field as separate value. Is it possible to achieve it with custom expression? Thanks.