This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Session Keys Not Working Properly Between Applications (Single Sign On)

3/27/2021 3:07:00 AM
PHPRunner General questions
S
sambri author

PHPRunner Enterprise 10.5 (Build 36714 x64)

I have two projects configured with the same Session keys. Both projects are using the same Database login. I'm able to move between applications on one login, but when i try to do an inline add/edit on 'details table', it gives out "Error occured >> You don't have permissions to access this table". My user account has full permission for all tables in both projects.

Scenario:

1. Enter username and password in Application 1.
  2. Able to do inline add/edit on 'details table' for Application 1.
  3. Open Application 2 without entering username and password.
  4. Unable to do inline add/edit on 'details table' for Application 2, "Error occured >> You don't have permissions to access this table".
  5. Logout from application 2 and enter username and password in Application 2.
  6. Able to do inline add/edit on 'details table' for Application 2.
  7. Open Application 1 without entering username and password.
  8. Unable to do inline add/edit on 'details table' for Application 1, "Error occured >> You don't have permissions to access this table".

Kindly advise. Thank you.

admin 3/27/2021

I think the issues lies in bullet #3. Simply opening another application is not enough.

Check this article in the manual

Lets say you have two projects that share the JWT key. In the first project, you can create a link to one of the second project pages (and vice versa). In the Menu Builder create a new item, choose to link to the External page and check off the checkbox saying 'Link to another application that shares the same JWT secret key'. This is it.

S
sambri author 3/29/2021

Hi admin,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I tried the External page and checked the checkbox 'Link to another application that shares the same JWT secret key' in Application 1. Saved the project and built it. Clicked the Application 2's external link in the Application 1's menu and try the inline add/edit on 'details table'. It still doesn't work. Please advise.

If I have a link in the View page of Application 1 that links to another View page in Application 2, is there a way i can do this in the Code Snippet/Event?

<u><b>Update:</b></u>

After i installed the latest version of PHPRunner Enterprise 10.5 (Build 36929 x64), the inline add/edit of external application works. Thank you for the build updates.