This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Pull Data from different attendance machines from different IP's

1/13/2021 5:50:39 AM
PHPRunner General questions
A
Abhijeet author

Hello Experts,
I have a requirement of pulling attendance data in phprunner 10.5 from various attendance machines situated at different static public IP's.

I can feed the machine login credentials in the mysql database itself like

url, hostname/ip, username, password etc. I need phprunner to pull data from using these credentials to the target machine and save it to mysql 8
Please let me know if this is possible. It will automate my most of the task if done.
I would also like to know what is the best practices/ technology followed by IT experts to do such tasks.
Kind Regards

admin 1/13/2021

I'm not 100% sure what "pulling attendance data from various attendance machines" means. I assume that you simply need to connect to a different MySQL, execute the query, and insert this data into your main database.
I don't really see how PHPRunner can help here. Simply create a PHP file that would do this job and then scheduled it to run once a day maybe using corn or a similar technique. You can use PHPRunner's API in this fine if you want to, just add the following line of code in the beginning.

include("include/dbcommon.php");
A
Abhijeet author 1/15/2021

I'm not 100% sure what "pulling attendance data from various attendance machines" means. I assume that you simply need to connect to a different MySQL, execute the query, and insert this data into your main database.
I don't really see how PHPRunner can help here. Simply create a PHP file that would do this job and then scheduled it to run once a day maybe using corn or a similar technique. You can use PHPRunner's API in this fine if you want to, just add the following line of code in the beginning.

include("include/dbcommon.php");

Thank you Sergey, I got it.